I waited too long ...

Viperkiller97

Well all I can say is he did his homework . We raced last Sat. night and he was ready . He had spent a lot of time on E-Bay and $$$ . He rolled out on E/T streets and hooked up very well . I gated him only about 1 car length , I stayed ahead until the very end where he got by me . When we crossed the line at the end I could almost have reached out and grabbed his tailgate . I feel like I let you guys down :nonod: I do plan on racing him again . I was not ready , I still have not put the 150 pills in , and the next time I wont be on 22's . Sorry guys I will make it up . He made a solo pass before our race (very impressive) He did have a competiton G-Tech in his L . It read 12.60 WOW . He was very impressed with my SS . He admitted that if I had raced him with stock tires It would have been different . I cant wait to see him at the track . The only good part to this story is he doesnt always run around on slicks - hope I see him at a stop light :thumbs:

P.S. The cobra beat the "L" by a fender . Close one :thumbs:

Very nice. Next time video it or pics for all too see. Beating a lightning in any car is a feat let alone in an awd crew cab. Good kill. :cheers:( I know he won but not by much with what he had)

I am sorry maybe I didnt make myself clear .Actually (Converted) the Lightning beat me . That thing is highly modified . Ill get him next time . I did get a short 15 second video with my buddies digital camera . All you can see are a couple of headlights and hear some tire screetch.... :shakehead: You cant win them all . :thumbs:

there was a L at gainseville a few weeks ago w/ a dirty K&n and stock pulleys w/flowmasters and cats. I watched it run a 13.0 in that trim, so I think you did very well. An 02 up lightning is no joke to most things on the road stoplight to stoplight. For a mild ss w/ a small shot of gas to hang with him I bet he was very surprised.

Very nice.  Next time video it or pics for all too see.  Beating a lightning in any car is a feat let alone in an awd crew cab.  Good kill.  :cheers:( I know he won but not by much with what he had)

I am sorry maybe I didnt make myself clear .Actually (Converted) the Lightning beat me . That thing is highly modified . Ill get him next time . I did get a short 15 second video with my buddies digital camera . All you can see are a couple of headlights and hear some tire screetch.... :shakehead: You cant win them all . :thumbs:

You never fail until you quit trying :chevy:

Archived