GM Insider's, get in here! Please :D

Lefty

I am looking at getting a new Avalanche LTZ, but will only do it if I can build it w/ the 6.0 or 6.2 and the 6sp tranny.

I have read conflicting info about the availability of the above combo's and my local dealers are no help at all.

Can any of you guys on the GM payroll verify whether the new Av will be available with either 6ltr engine and the 6sp tranny?

Thanks. :driving:

According to GM's online order reference guide it is available with the 3LT and the 1LZ models:

RPO for the engine is L76:

Engine, Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI with Active Fuel Management (366 hp [272.9 kW] @ 5500 rpm, 380 lb-ft of torque [513.0 N-m] @ 4300 rpm), aluminum block, includes (KC4) external engine oil cooler

1 - Requires (M70) 4-speed automatic transmission, (GT5) 4.10 rear axle ratio and (Z55) Autoride Suspension Package.

Hope this helps

According to GM's online order reference guide it is available with the 3LT and the 1LZ models:

Engine, Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI with Active Fuel Management (366 hp [272.9 kW] @ 5500 rpm, 380 lb-ft of torque [513.0 N-m] @ 4300 rpm), aluminum block, includes (KC4) external engine oil cooler

1 - Requires (M70) 4-speed automatic transmission, (GT5) 4.10 rear axle ratio and (Z55) Autoride Suspension Package.

Hope this helps

Thanks JDG. That is exactly what I was looking for. I certainly appreciate you looking that up.

I know the 3LT description...does the "1LZ" model = the LTZ?

Thanks again.

Hope this helps

Thanks JDG. That is exactly what I was looking for. I certainly appreciate you looking that up.

I know the 3LT description...does the "1LZ" model = the LTZ?

Thanks again.

Yep, LTZ-1LZ. Like the LT groups are 1LT,2LT,3LT it's just the LTZ only has 1 for now.

Your not getting rid of the SS are you? I do like the new Avalanches, fortunately no one around here knows you can get the 6.0 in them or I might seriously look at one.

Edited by jdg (see edit history)

I am not sure yet if the SS is going. There is a guy I work with looking for an SS and can't find anything good for a good price, so it's tempting.

But, I am most likely to sell my FX45 and Solstice and replace them with the Av.

Thanks again for the info jdg. :thumbs:

I read in truck trend that the 6.0 avalanche wasn't going to be released until later in the year.

They are already out. One of the guys that had an SS on here has one.

Lefty, why not an Escalade EXT? It has the 6.2 and 400+ HP.

I read in truck trend that the 6.0 avalanche wasn't going to be released until later in the year.

And the 6 speed auto. :thumbs:

And the 6 speed auto. :thumbs:

And the tap shift...