3" drop leaf springs

RacerJJ

Anyone know if I can install Belltech drop leafs along with my drop shackles for a total of 5 inches of drop in the rear?

i think that your going to have to do a "c" notch on the frame to go that low... When I installed my leafs I dont think i could of gone 2 more inches in the rear with out hitting...

I'm about as low as you can go without notching and still being able to use my truck as a truck. I installed some airlift technology helper bags and drop leaf springs. I kept my stock shackles and hangers. I had to remove the bump stop brackets as well. Any lower and the frame would have to be notched. Another thing you are forgetting about is the AWD. If you go too low in the front there is no way you're gonna get your driveline angles correct. You will also make the front axles seriously out of whack. I have a slight vibration in mine ever since I lowered it. I need to work more on chasing it down once it warms up outside.

Dave

mines lowered 2/3.5 and i think if it were lower it would have to be notched i just took out the bump stop brackets and put on new shocks last week the truck rides awesome now i put on belltech nitro actives on the front and toxic shocks in the back

post-6481-1173237937_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1173237952_thumb.jpg

i woudlnt go lower than 3.5 if you dont plan to c notch it. . i have the hangers and shackles and the shackles are on the highest setting. so it could go lower but i choose nto to . i love how it rides and it never bottoms out. you could go 4 inch out back but then youll need to drop the front to even it out, with awd imo i wouldnt put the half shafts on that much of an angle. id also recomend new bump stops and shocks if you can.