I'm really thinking about getting/making this...

SilveradoKid

Another reason I have for not getting an SSS is the insurance, I'm sure that owning a Sport Truck would cost me quite a bit more than just having (as far as the insurance company needs to know) a to/from work truck. And what they don't know won't hurt them... eh?

-E

To a point, however, it WILL hurt you if you ever get into an accident (your fault or not)that totals the vehicle, cause they wont cover anyting except what came on stock, so all the money you spent would go down the drain for things you couldnt recover.

Add to this, most people think "Ok, if I get into an accident I'll just pull off all the mods (whipple, headers, etc) off the wreck and use them again on something else" Problem with that is, most people never get the chance to even see their vehicle again after these types of accidents. Even if they do, most of the time "someone" has already stolen all the parts off from the storage lot by the time you get there. Just something to think about.

Is that called"personalization'" or commonly known as custom?

Isn't that what all this is about-make Your Truck Your Way.

That is what I did.

I do own a real SS and wanted that type of agressive look on my truck,so I did my own thing.

I did not try to imitate or copy some thing else.

I would think if some one purchased the OE badges and put them on a stock looking vehicle to give it the appearence of another model it is not, that would be Fake and Wannabe IMHO

SS is a name given to specific vehilces by the factory or conversion company.

To take something and slap an SS badge on it, even if it is damn fast, is to say you have something that you do not.

To me this is NO DIFFERENT then some punk in a Civic sticking type R badges all over it when in reality its a slightly modded DX or something to that effect.

Do what you want, its your vehilce, but mis-badging, and adding badges that say your truck is something that its not is posing. :ph34r:

With the right work the 4l60e will take 500 flywheel horsepower. :D

Sure, totally rebuilt and beefed WAY up.

Stock LS-1 F-Boddies can tear up a 460le with ease.

Well I guess we haven't been running a all stock 4l60e for the past couple of years in our blown 5.3.

No one told me it came from the factory all beefed up and rebuilt either. :D

The only changes we have made are programming.

RF

Then your lucky. Did you remove TQM when you reprogramed it.

(what program did you use HPP3, SuperChips, LS-1 Edit, or custom (if so by who)?

The 4l603 just cant handle the torque abuse a high powered engine puts on it. Ive got two buddies with stock LS-1 F-Boddies who both shredded their trannies within one week of each other. One at 70k miles and the other at 46k.

To take something and slap an SS badge on it, even if it is damn fast, is to say you have something that you do not.

To me this is NO DIFFERENT then some punk in a Civic sticking type R badges all over it when in reality its a slightly modded DX or something to that effect.

Do what you want, its your vehilce, but mis-badging, and adding badges that say your truck is something that its not is posing. :ph34r:

Everyone knows they did not make a Tahoe SS in 01 :D

If mark3 or somebody badges a car it is for sheer profit over sticker.

If i was trying to "pose" as one it is called cloning.You are missing the point.

But I sure look good next to my other Real Muscle SS classics!!!

I know i got it and I can back it up! :thumbs: How about you?

My Chevrolet SS spirit lives on in my daily driver Tahoe LT(SS) :flag:

Everyone knows they did not make a Tahoe SS in 01 :D

If mark3 or somebody badges a car it is for sheer profit over sticker.

If i was trying to "pose" as one it is called cloning.You are missing the point.

But I sure look good next to my other Real Muscle SS classics!!!

I know i got it and I can back it up! :thumbs: How about you?

My Chevrolet SS spirit lives on in my daily driver Tahoe LT(SS) :flag:

Yea but the point is your Tahoe is not an SS. To say that it is means you are "posing" as something your not.

I'm sure its fast, and I bet its one bad ass hoe, but its not an SS.

btw you on fullsizechevy????

BTW -

IT Is A 1/2 ton fullsize :chevy: (Damn I did knot know this :lol: )

I appreciate all Chevyrolet models and a own quite a few and visit many Chevrolet forums.

I am a 28 year veteran GM trained technician :flag: And

Have a All Chevy Stable

A Demon :confused: was a Chrysler product (you must be a too young to know this) But you do own a Ford :oops:

Wheres the pics of your :jester::D:sigh::uhoh:

:seeya::smash::sigh:

BTW -

IT Is A 1/2 ton fullsize :chevy: (Damn I did knot know this :lol: )

I appreciate all Chevyrolet models and a own quite a few and visit many Chevrolet forums.

I am a 28 year veteran GM trained technician :flag: And

Have a All Chevy Stable

A Demon :confused: was a Chrysler product (you must be a too young to know this) But you do own a Ford :oops:

Wheres the pics of your :jester::D:sigh::uhoh:

:seeya::smash::sigh:

I'm not sure that that made any sense at all.

Yes I own a Ford, but I've never been without a Chevy truck since I was 15, and being a Harley Davidson guy its only natural that I get the HD F150.

thanks for the info and insight and ... and... stuff... I am still planning on doing this, and ya'll have helped me narrow down my search, I'll keep you updated... I am working on getting rid of my old debt, then I'll jump into this whole mess :cool: so I should be sitting in my new truck by..... lemme see, add the 3, times the 4 minus that other one and................ by... March...... 2009 :puke:

:lol::jester: naw, not quite in it THAT bad, but in a few months I should be having me a new truck.... :cheers:

wish me luck ;)

-E

Archived