MP122 Acceleration

ZZebes

It will help the entire power band, especially the top end though. The MP122 doesnt have to work as hard (spin as fast) as the MP112 to move the same volume of air. At the same boost, the MP122 moves more air. So you can have the same results from the mp122 as the mp112, but with less psi which translates to less heat, etc. The MP112 has a hard time filling the engine with teh same amount of air in the higher rpm's as the lower ones because of the small volume of the compressor. The MP122 has a larger volume compressor and therefore can meet the demands easier of larger, harder to fill, cubic inch engines. I doubt you will see much of a difference from a MP112 to a MP122 on a stock LQ9, maybe a tenth or two. But it will really shine on stroker motors etc.

According someone who recently tuned a Vette with a 122, it can produce more boost than the 112.

Yup. More boost with less heat, more efficient.

The real "performance difference" is in effective and efficient boost levels on larger displacement engines. BUT, if I get my hands on one, I would do a stout forged 370 rather than the typical 408 and push the boost as high as I could go. Similar to what Chase is doing with the centrifugal.