Stupid felines...

Black03SS_NJ

:cry: Just thinking of the spray on the shinny wheels. Several years ago I bought a new Z-28 and wanted to modify immediately. Took a month's leave from Uncle Sam, dropped a nitrous fed, tunnel rammed, L-88 427 in it and applied 12 coats of hand rubbed black lacquer. Grinning all the way to California from Texas, I arrived at a buddy's house, crashed out and awoke in the morning all ready to show it off. We had a cup of coffee, walked out and there before my eyes were two kids playing tic-tac-toe on the driver's door with a stick and a cat spraying my new wheels.

I know you don't want to cover it every day but heres a rough step-by-step on something I used when I had the same problem w/ cats on my Trailblazer:

1) Start w/ a car cover or a cloth big enough to cover the hood 2x

2) Using a staple gun put a staple in every 1-1.5 inches on one half of the cloth(not on your hood of course!) keeping the ends open

3) Fold the unstapled half of the cloth under the "non prickley" side of the staples

4) Use a little hot glue to hold the staples in place and tack the cloth together at the seems and corners

5) Punch a hole for your antenna to pass thru (use a gromet for a nice touch)

6) Place the "****-pin-cushion" pointy side up on the hood (use the antenna hole to hold it in place)

7) The folded under side acts as a scratch gaurd for the back side of the staples, you may still only want to use this on a clean hood

8) Stand back and watch the little fu*kers dance around and off the hood, and god help em if they try to curl up and lay down.

As McGyver as this is it sure kept the neighbors cats off the hood of my black trailblazer. Even when I stopped using it they never left another mark. Plus, its alot of fun to watch 'em go shootin' off of the hood once they get stuck by your homemade BED-O-NAILS! :devil:

Please DON'T Shoot the Cats in the A-- with a Paint-ball Gun!!! :fume: Ginnie SS ( Has to be a BETTER SOLUTION???)

Agree partially, shoot the owners of the damn cats. if the cats come back a second time do what you will, i.e. paint, bb, 22, anitfreeze, lead pipe, etc....!

i had that problem a few summers ago with my cam ss.  I just shot the cat in the ass with a paint-ball gun and it hasnt been around since..little bastards

LOL... We have some very nice neighbors who like to let their Cat out at night. Same deal it was spraying my son's sand box and jumping on our vehicles if they were left out. This same cat also bit a couple of small kids (under 2) and has been spraying sand boxes in the neighborhood.

Solution bought my son a paint ball gun :thumbs: My aim isn't as good as yours but I made my point. The neighbors were very puzzled about what the cat got into :jester: I explained what had happened and they stopped talking to me and no longer let the Cat Out :thumbs: Killed two birds with one stone IMHO.

BTW I'm a animal lover and would rather have blasted the stupid owners of the cat with a few paint balls. Didn't think that would go over to big though :jester: I prefer to think that I saved the life of that cat because several of us were about to kill the damn thing.

Archived