Stupid felines...

Black03SS_NJ

Here's the wierdest post of the day...my parking spot at work happens to be right next to a house with about 25 cats. As soon as I leave my SS, one of the cats likes to curl up on my warm hood, especially in this colder weather. Despite 5 coats of Zaino, these things are really scratching up my hood. I go chase them away once and a while, but the boss can only take so much.

I can't cover the thing every day, and there is really nowhere safer to park. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for keeping these cats off my hood (without the use of deadly force)? I know they don't like lemons or mothballs, but I am not sure how to use that to my advantage. Suggestions?

Try this,

Tattle Tail

That's a great idea. But I picture the cat jumping on the hood, the alarm going off, and then the cat freaking out, making even worse scratches. I'd rather keep them off the hood altogether, rather than having to scare them off repeatedly.

I think I may mix some lemon juice with water in a spray bottle. Then spray around the truck before I lock it for the day. It could work...

For the record, I am an animal (though not a cat) person and would not do anything to harm the little rascals.

That's a great idea. But I picture the cat jumping on the hood, the alarm going off, and then the cat freaking out, making even worse scratches. I'd rather keep them off the hood altogether, rather than having to scare them off repeatedly.

Then try this one, it stops the cats before they get on the hood.

Motion

Heres a different way. Check you state for laws in this manner. Warn the owner once, report to the Humane Society the 2nd time they will note this make sure they do, 3rd report to the Humane Society and ask them to send a letter to the owner. If this all fails get your boss to give you permission to take the cat or cats and take them to the Human Society and the owner will have to come and get them. There may be a fee depending on which state you live in. I know it a pain in the ass to do this, but a guy in California had this happen and charged the owner of the cats with Trespassing. :crazy:

try wiping the hood of your truck down wiht lemon scented pledge...it'll chase the cat and put some bling bling wax on your truck.. ive used it from time to time when i run out of final inspection

Welcome to the site :thumbs: Thanks for joining us.

Archived