flipper cowl on my 05

i was looking at some hoods and found one that i really like. its the keystone good hood "flipper cowl"

i was going to get it but then i saw it was only for 99-02 models. is there a cheap and practical way to modify the hood to have it fit on my 05? or is it possible to modify a regular cowl hood to have the flip feature?

heres a link to the hood http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/GoodH...truck-hood.html

:cheers:

I was looking at doing that 3 years ago. Keystone told me they had NO plans to do that hood for a 2003-2005 Silverado. I think they made a BIG mistake, they could have sold a pile of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I talked to my body guy about the same thing for my 04 Tahoe. I didn't want a fiberglass hood. He told me that the best way to good about doing it is to buy an repoduction hood with the flapper and graph it to the stock hood. It takes a few hours, an cost about $2,000 be fore painting. I have seen it firt hand and it is HOT! If you can stand the amount to do it.

I talked to my body guy about the same thing for my 04 Tahoe. I didn't want a fiberglass hood. He told me that the best way to good about doing it is to buy an repoduction hood with the flapper and graph it to the stock hood. It takes a few hours, an cost about $2,000 be fore painting. I have seen it firt hand and it is HOT! If you can stand the amount to do it.

2000, plus the cost of the hood, plus the paint. damn i think ill pass, id rather have a cowl hood anyways