Finally gave up the Ghost

Blew the tranny tonight. After work I got in and started it up, pulled out to the stoplight, turned right. I didn't even get on it, ran the truck to about 3500rpm and then shifted (or at least tried to) banged and then free spin. I threw it into neutral and coasted to a stop, tried to manual shift, no gear engauged, then tried reverse...it rolled maybe 3 feet then lockup.

I guess I was lucky, I start vacation on Tuesday so it'll give me something else to do (gut and rebuild).

Sorry, had to vent.

Blew the tranny tonight. After work I got in and started it up, pulled out to the stoplight, turned right. I didn't even get on it, ran the truck to about 3500rpm and then shifted (or at least tried to) banged and then free spin. I threw it into neutral and coasted to a stop, tried to manual shift, no gear engauged, then tried reverse...it rolled maybe 3 feet then lockup.

I guess I was lucky, I start vacation on Tuesday so it'll give me something else to do (gut and rebuild).

Sorry, had to vent.

Sorry to hear that...Is it supercharged??? Did you have any upgrades to the tranny??? I can't remember what you had done to the truck.....

Sorry, had to vent.

Sorry to hear that...Is it supercharged??? Did you have any upgrades to the tranny??? I can't remember what you had done to the truck.....

no FI, just CAI, Zippy shift kit, Zippy tune, as far as powertrain is concerned

thinking about FLT or Rossler if I get it part and it's destroyed or just beyond the scope of me caring...I could take it to the Dealership but I am not even going to play the game of are they going to warranty this tranny or not (or should I?)

Is there any warrenty left on the truck?

I had a 7yr/72k warranty...it's being replaced under it...I am not taking out the shift kit...they won't even look for it...I'm going to try to get them to let me keep the core and re-build it (don;t it'll happen but no is the only thing I have to loose).

I'll probably be hitting you up for another shift kit in a about a week.