Easy Weight Loss Mod

RacerJJ

I reused two of the brackets that actually held the cover to the bumper on the bottom and then made a couple more out of some alluminum strapping. All of the mounts are hidden underneathe the truck. There are some visible screws on the outside but I could have done a better job of hiding them if I really wanted to.
My kind of mod - I've been wanting to do something like this for over a year now just haven't made the time for it. I also want to move the bumper 1/2" upward & inward to better fit the truck. :thumbs::thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

I did the same when I re-mounted it...looks much better IMO. Next step is the front when I get a chance.

I reused two of the brackets that actually held the cover to the bumper on the bottom and then made a couple more out of some alluminum strapping. All of the mounts are hidden underneathe the truck. There are some visible screws on the outside but I could have done a better job of hiding them if I really wanted to.
My kind of mod - I've been wanting to do something like this for over a year now just haven't made the time for it. I also want to move the bumper 1/2" upward & inward to better fit the truck. :thumbs::thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

I did the same when I re-mounted it...looks much better IMO. Next step is the front when I get a chance.

I looked over the front and did not see any gains possible IMO; the bumper underneath is actually very light weight. Of course you could swiss-cheese it and maybe drop 10-15 lbs but I did not think it worth it.

Also, if I may share a suggestion - I was thinking of boxing the rear frame rails because the rear bumper structure does that in the stock configuration. It's been my experience in other trucks that when removing the bumper completely it allows the rear frame horns to vibrate like a tuning fork, making for a noisier ride; welding in a 1-5/8" crashbar between the frame horns at the very rear of the frame helped.

Mr. P.