Opinions on this truck...

fordsareslow

I've been looking into getting another truck that I can use as a daily driver. I would love a 67-72 swb truck, but I'd spend way to much money on it. I also really like the 73-87 body styles as there are so many out there and parts are fairly cheap. I use to own both a 73 and 87. I don't want anything real expensive, but it has to be clean. I found this truck on Craigslist and it's pretty close to me. Naturally there are a few things that I don't particulary like about it like the steering wheel or the tie down things on the sides of the bed. The motor compartment is a little dirty, but I can clean that up. The color is ok and wouldn't bother me at all. I don't think the truck is that bad for the money. Only has 60k original miles and is a 1 family owner truck. What do you guys think? If I can get it for around $4,200 - $4,500...

Ad on truck

78truck.jpg

Ahhhman ...........That was my first truck. It was a 79 Silverado full pwr, windows, a/c, saddle tanks, all brown lowered on craigers just like that , had a fat fat rear tire, all breaded hoses, SB , holley, hookers etc....., It had the biggest RV cam and would eat 92 iroc's alive. I really miss that truck. I love it. Could you post more pics if you get it...

Yeah my 87 had an RV cam, shift kit, and 4.10's. I usually kept 3 bags of sand over the rear end to keep the tires planted. I wouldn't do any performance stuff to this though, I'd probably just keep it as is and drive it to work everyday. I have an email out to the guy now, hopefully I'll get a response soon :ughdance:

I've been looking into getting another truck that I can use as a daily driver. I would love a 67-72 swb truck, but I'd spend way to much money on it. I also really like the 73-87 body styles as there are so many out there and parts are fairly cheap. I use to own both a 73 and 87. I don't want anything real expensive, but it has to be clean. I found this truck on Craigslist and it's pretty close to me. Naturally there are a few things that I don't particulary like about it like the steering wheel or the tie down things on the sides of the bed. The motor compartment is a little dirty, but I can clean that up. The color is ok and wouldn't bother me at all. I don't think the truck is that bad for the money. Only has 60k original miles and is a 1 family owner truck. What do you guys think? If I can get it for around $4,200 - $4,500...

Ad on truck

lowbrownwhite001.jpg

:thumbs::chevy::thumbs::chevy: I love those trucks,and for the availability of parts and the price I would do it :driving:

:nono: It's mine 893karatesmiley-thumb.gif

:lol:

:thumbs::crackup::P

Just kidding bro I have to admit I am a little jealous. Does it have the saddle tanks? If it falls through let me know I think I can scrounge the money for that, thats a good find. Good Luck.