different size speakers in back doors?

5 1/4" in the front and i think it is 4 1/2" in the back doors or something close to that, they are smaller i believe

well stock the front speakers are 6.5" and the back are 4x6 but i was wondering if u could fit a 5.25 in the back with little to no modification?

well stock the front speakers are 6.5" and the back are 4x6 but i was wondering if u could fit a 5.25 in the back with little to no modification?

I put 5.25" in the back. I just had to cut about a 1/2" X 3" crescent moon worth of material out with a jigsaw. Used the speaker grill as a guide. I don't think it's really that big of a deal, 5.25" are infinitely better than 4X6s and worth the 5 mins of jigsaw time IMO.

ive cut a few out to 5.25 I dont think 6.5 would happen though... if your going to run infinitys though I actually think the plates will sound better then the 5.25's but thats just my opinion (the factorys are a 4x6... bose trucks have a plate with a 3.5 or 4) if you decide to cut get some dynamat

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried fitting different size speakers in the back 2 doors of an extended cab? I was thinking maybe a 5.25 speaker might fit... but im not sure. Any opinions or ideas? :dunno:

I fit alpine type s coax 6.5's in my 07 classic x-cad rear doors with just a little cutting.

I say spend your money on good speakers from the front, the rears are not crazy important. Get a lot of power to a quality set of components and the rear will only be for filling in the area right behind you

That being said, a few guys have even put 6x9's in there. They just hack into the door the drill into the section.

I say stick with the 4X6 plates. The cab isn't that big to need big speakers and who wants to cut on their truck if they don't need to. I've got 2 subs running with my stock bose system and it sounds good to me.