lightweight wheels

ive been looking for a while for some light weight wheels and im having quite a bit of trouble. im looking for either 18-19" and preferably 5 spoke. if you have some or know where to get some let me know!

post pics/links

:cheers:

are you talking about a three piece rim? those are bout 1G each witout tires i think.

Centerline Tomahawk Ultra 20's only weight 19 pounds a piece and are on sale for $159. These are the Voltage II wheels that have a kinda fun 5 spoke design

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deal...&data=6-5.5

How much does the stock Wheels weigh? 19 lbs per rim seems pretty lightweight could help out.

How much does the stock Wheels weigh? 19 lbs per rim seems pretty lightweight could help out.

A stock wheel/tire weighs about 79-80 lbs, IIRC. My forged 22" wheels w/tires weigh in at about 70 lbs each, as I believe most other do also.

I have no idea what an 18" wheel would weigh in at, but it should be less :P

The stock SS wheels weigh in at 38 pounds each without the tire.

So 19 lbs less per wheel x 4 wheels is almost 80 lbs less rotating mass. So how well do ya think that would help out on times, brake distance and maybe even MPG? Has anybody gotten these and tryed them out yet? Will the stock tires fit on them?

Thanks

Edited by WEEZARR1&SS (see edit history)

So 19 lbs less per wheel x 4 wheels is almost 80 lbs less rotating mass. So how well do ya think that would help out on times, brake distance and maybe even MPG? Has anybody gotten these and tryed them out yet? Will the stock tires fit on them?

Thanks

My wheels are 26 pounds each, and it's much quicker to respond to the throttle, but I also went with a shorter tire at 275/45/20. The stock tires will fit though.

Is that the first time you've ever ordered custom rims? I've had that happen 7 out of 10 times all from different wheel manufacturers. They almost all were several weeks behind on delivery. Just sucks because a distributor can call in an order with a higher priority than yours and push your order back at any moment... Same thing happened for my Centerline wheels, but I knew that it would, just like most of the rest of them did.

My wheels are 26 pounds each, and it's much quicker to respond to the throttle, but I also went with a shorter tire at 275/45/20. The stock tires will fit though.

Is that the first time you've ever ordered custom rims? I've had that happen 7 out of 10 times all from different wheel manufacturers. They almost all were several weeks behind on delivery. Just sucks because a distributor can call in an order with a higher priority than yours and push your order back at any moment... Same thing happened for my Centerline wheels, but I knew that it would, just like most of the rest of them did.

yes, this is the first time I ordered custom rims....and yes i am getting more pissed at them by the minute. I was supposed to have them for this weekend for racing....but low and behold no f'ing rims. Tires were delivered in 3 freaking days, but the rims are an important part of a new wheel/RIM combo.

Brad

yes, this is the first time I ordered custom rims....and yes i am getting more pissed at them by the minute. I was supposed to have them for this weekend for racing....but low and behold no f'ing rims. Tires were delivered in 3 freaking days, but the rims are an important part of a new wheel/RIM combo.

Brad

LOL! Maybe it's just us guys named Brad??? :ughdance:

So 19 lbs less per wheel x 4 wheels is almost 80 lbs less rotating mass. So how well do ya think that would help out on times, brake distance and maybe even MPG? Has anybody gotten these and tryed them out yet? Will the stock tires fit on them?Thanks
I was able to drop 105-lbs switching from stock 20's & Goodyears to Centerline 20's, Pirellis, & McGard spline drive nuts. I thought it was a big change, it was like going from a truck with 3/4-tank of gas to having a near-empty tank. There is also better response in braking, not a lot but I can tell it's a tad nimbler. Also, no more 'dribbling' the tire down the road when you run over a pothole.

MPG changes - it's not so much the weight of the wheels that affects your mileage but the overall diameter of the tire is a BIG factor, in my case I went from a 32" tall tire to a 30.5" tire and that means I'm always a good 400-500 RPM higher than I used to be, and that eats gas. My city mileage dropped 0.1 and my freeway mileage dropped 0.5 so you might want to stick with a stock-height tire...

Mr. P.