Clear coating polished rims

adams2003

The other day I was talking to this guy about my truck and I mentioned that I wanted to put 22's on it but I dont want the extra weight of chrome wheels. He told me that I should get the 22's I want in the polished form and take them to a shop and and get them clear coated. He said this would give me the good polished look without having to always repolish the rims and without the extra weight of chrome rims. Has anyone here done that or have any information about it.

If/When I get wheels, that's what I plan on doing. I like the big flash of chrome, but I think I'll tone it down a notch with polished.

I've rattle-can clear-coated things in the past, and I've been wondering how well it'd hold up on wheels.

Maybe I'll polish some aluminum stock, spray it, toss it outside for the winter, and sprinke some salt on it once a week. :D

If/When I get wheels, that's what I plan on doing. I like the big flash of chrome, but I think I'll tone it down a notch with polished.

I've rattle-can clear-coated things in the past, and I've been wondering how well it'd hold up on wheels.

Maybe I'll polish some aluminum stock, spray it, toss it outside for the winter, and sprinke some salt on it once a week. :D

There is a product that seals polished wheels. Look at this ZOOP A little costly, but if it lasts, it would be worth it.

Archived