trans settings with diablo?

I've advanced my spark 5% which is equal to about 2 degrees. One time I noticed some KR but otherwise I haven't. The truck runs very strong with the changes in tuning that I did.

Spark: 5.0% WOT

Shift Speed: 1-2: -25, 2-3: -20, 3-4: -15

Did this for both normal and tow/haul

Shift Points:Normal: 1-2: 5850, 2-3: 5600

Tow/Haul: 1-2: 5800, 2-3: 5550

I did this so I could try two different shift points so I can decide which one is best.

I also adjusted the shift point mph up to 37 for 1-2 and up to 65 for 2-3.

Shift Pressure: 2nd: +25%, 3rd: +20%, 4th: +10%

Raised rev limit to 6000RPM and raised top speed to 125mph(the highest the Predator allows).

Hope this helps.

Similar to Rico,

I also changed my shift time down 25% for 1-2 shift, 20% for 2-3 shift and 15% for 3-4 shift. I did the same percentages but in the positive direction for the shift pressure. I also upped the RPM limit per shift a couple hundred, along with upped the MPH per shift a few miles an hour. My truck runs real strong above half throttle. Shifts are much firmer and quicker. Anything under half throttle, the truck drives completely normal like it did before for daily driving. Which I never See :devil::cheers:

I haven't really messed with spark advance, or anything other than what I mentioned above (other than speedo limit) If any of you have played with the spark advance and had any luck with it let us know. :seeya:

I just installed mine tonight.Went conservative-20% less on shift times,20% more on shift pressures.It feels good but need to drive more.I will post my feelings later and hope other people will share their settings also.Would also like to know how to use the realtime data option. :P

• 3 weeks later...

This may not help that much, because it's not on an SS, but I saw in a magazine guys use it on a camaro. They put the normal diable tuning, then on top of that they increased spark, and fuel by 1 or 2 % along with timing and everything. They got 6 more hp at the wheels than the the normal 12 at the wheels from the reg. diablo tuning. :chevy:

This is a good thread! I would like to get alittle faster down shift with throttle input. Right now, I give medium amount of gas, and the transmission seems to hold the higher gear too long. It would be nice if we could figure out a way to tell the tranny to kick down quicker. I wonder if the Diablo guys have a custom program that will do it?

I sent the equivilent of my last post to Diablo. In return they sent me the software and instructions on how to e-mail them my tuning program. They will look it over and e-mail me back a custom tune with the requested tranny changes. i.e., quicker down shifts. Cool, I'll let you know how it goes. Just need to get a serial cable extension and a 12v 1Amp power supply to upload my tuning prog. from the hand held controller to the computer. :pop:

• 3 weeks later...

I just put the performance file on mine and did not do any modifying yet...don't know how much I can do without having to add stuff or screwing something up. I may try the shift changes and see what happens

Good topic...this is what I like about the site :thumbs:

After I installed my tune, from my driveway I was really disapointed(I live in a residentail area).When I got to a safe area to lay on the throttle I was very happy-no lag under WOT.When I got back home I adjusted the shift times quicker and the shift pressures higher and I am very hapy with the tune. :D

Archived