Supercharged new '03 SS (how good of a deal?)

Rascal

I have a dealer quote for a new '03 Supercharged SS of $42,881.00 after incentives ($4250.00). I'm thinking about it, the price is close to what I would pay for 500HP!!! I was looking for a '03 SS for $32-33K when he said "I have something you might be interested in".

Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

That seems a little high. Are there any other options besides the charger? A Radix supercharger runs about $5K. Add that to a $32 truck and the dealer needs to install another $5K of upgrades to get to their sales price.

:withstupid: Just an intercooled Radix w/ warranty, nothing else, installed from the dealer, should not top $7k (Remember, this is a dealer) additionally of the price you agree on before hand. :nonod:

Exactly. It is the XS500 package. I drove it and WOW, it is really something. The dealer is stuck at $42K and since it is an '03 I told him to forget it. The '03s will loose 35%+ percent of their value in six short months. Also, it does not have chrome wheels! I had him price a '04 loaded w/chrome wheels and a hard bed cover and it came up to just under $44K. Much better deal, however the rebate of $3500 currently is not guaranteed nor is the $750 test drive. The rebate will be what rebate is in effect when the truck is delivered, probably sometime in late January to February.

Archived