2/2 Drop Pics Please

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you keep the stock hangers and shackles?

actually i gave my stock shackles to someone else so i had to purchase new oem stock shackles and then i sold my 2 inch drop shackles for dirt cheap to someone. hangers are unaffected with either 2 inch drop shackles or 3 inch drop leafs.

actually i gave my stock shackles to someone else so i had to purchase new oem stock shackles and then i sold my 2 inch drop shackles for dirt cheap to someone. hangers are unaffected with either 2 inch drop shackles or 3 inch drop leafs.

I already have 2 inch shackles. Would it work if I moved the hole to the middle one and installed the springs? Also did you use a shim kit?

I already have 2 inch shackles. Would it work if I moved the hole to the middle one and installed the springs? Also did you use a shim kit?

i dont think you can put the bolt through the middle hole. the shackles i had tapered downward. guess i thought they all did that. i think racer jj was considering using drop leafs with drop shackles but that could get you about 5 inches of rear drop.

i did not use a shim kit. others have had too. i consider myself lucky as i have zero vibrations. case by case basis i think as far as vibrations.

i dont think you can put the bolt through the middle hole. the shackles i had tapered downward. guess i thought they all did that. i think racer jj was considering using drop leafs with drop shackles but that could get you about 5 inches of rear drop.

i did not use a shim kit. others have had too. i consider myself lucky as i have zero vibrations. case by case basis i think as far as vibrations.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it, and sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

I think as far as the vibration goes, it really affects the AWD trucks moreso than 2WD. I think it has alot to do with the pinion angles with the transfer case.

first off, the alignment is pretty far off with either method in my experiences. keys do ride pretty ruff..... the pinion angle on a 2wd with the leaf packs in almost exactly the same as stock, its the carrier bearing that causes the vibration. if you look at a 2wd thats any lower than 2" (from underneath, on its weight) the joint is WAY off. the carrier bearing kit is a must for 3"+ drops. you personally may not feel vibration, but over time you will heavily wear your drivetrain.

also i recomend belltech nitro active shocks with any drop, its a BIG improvement. it will be the best $100 you ever spent

I installed the Belltech spindles and shackles 2 weekends ago...Not very happy with the rear. I took the spare tire off and hitch, and with the shackles, it does not sit much lower than it did before with the tire and hitch on there. The front is sitting at 33 1/2 now and the rear at 35". Im thinking of getting the 3" leafs now and selling the shackles...I'll try and get some pics soon..

Truck was way out of alignment after the spindles but now drives perfect after having it aligned this weekend...

Why did you remove the spare tire and hitch? Doesn't make much sense to me....what does it have to do with the lowering kit you installed?

When installing the rear shackles you have to remove the hitch, it's in the way of the top bolt. I don't use the vehicle to tow with anyways, plus I wanted to drop some weight, so taking the tire and hitch off dropped the weight and the rear of truck raised up slightly with the weight reduction...

Edited by EmergencyVP1 (see edit history)

When installing the rear shackles you have to remove the hitch, it's in the way of the top bolt. I don't use the vehicle to tow with anyways, plus I wanted to drop some weight, so taking the tire and hitch off dropped the weight and the rear of truck raised up slightly with the weight reduction...

you are so right, look at my back I took the bumper, hitch, tire off look like a 4x4 going with the 3" leafs and 2" spindles soon I like to go 4" rear

hows the ride with the 2/2

ass in air, check it out

TruckR.JPG