6.0 v max

cerbomark

Just got the 6.0 v max so I m not sure, but I think I hear a slight tap at idle. Not all the time. Am i over thinking here or is it normal.? Runs fine, idle a little low but I m getting a PCM tune soon. Don t want to drive myself crazy. I ll be able to compare performance to SS after the tune cause the SS was tuned by pcmforless. Ride is better than the SS, BUT Its NO SS!

Edited by cerbomark (see edit history)

Just got the 6.0 v max so I m not sure, but I think I hear a slight tap at idle. Not all the time. Am i over thinking here or is it normal.? Runs fine, idle a little low but I m getting a PCM tune soon. Don t want to drive myself crazy. I ll be able to compare performance to SS after the tune cause the SS was tuned by pcmforless. Ride is better than the SS, BUT Its NO SS!

I like the new truck style without all the crome. That thing could look like an SS!! Nice truck!

Is it a tick our a faint knock? I think I'm hearing a slight knock on cold start ups :banghead: it's very faint but I still can remember my 7.4l slaping on every startup. I fear my truck will suffer the same fate. :banghead: . I swear I'll drive that bitch of a cliff!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just changed the oil and filter at 1200 to Mobile One and there was a lot of fine metal particles (almost like sand) in the drain pan. There was a little metalic goo on the plug which I ve seen before on new vehicles. What do you think about that?? Still a sign of breakin? Normal? Runs strong and fine at this point. Did anyone notice the particles a first oil change?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just changed the oil and filter at 1200 to Mobile One and there was a lot of fine metal particles (almost like sand) in the drain pan. There was a little metalic goo on the plug which I ve seen before on new vehicles. What do you think about that?? Still a sign of breakin? Normal? Runs strong and fine at this point. Did anyone notice the particles a first oil change?

I just started my truck up and yup it's knocking. God Dam It :banghead: ......I'm Trading it in.

nxtiln, Does it just knock for a second while it s starting? My SS (04) did that and the engine tuner told me that it was the knock sensors and it wasn t a problem. I can t believe GM is still combating piston knock after all these years of knowing about it.

My grandpa's 03 silvy 5.3 had some bad piston slap at 30k and the dealership bored it out to a 5.7.... He thinks it'll take my truck now but hes always trashed by the time we start talking crap at get togethers.

Yeah it's light at start up when could. I am positive it is "piston slap." It does go away after initail warm up, but as my engine accumulate more miles I am sure it will get worse. (carbon build up). Just like the 7.4l Burb.

c25007.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...