Radix owners please help!

ok I'll try to make this short; I put a Radix 112 on my 06 SS about two months ago with the 3.3 pulley and mid-length headers it made 370hp to the wheels ( seems low). Now this weekend I change the pulley to a 2.9 it made 410hp to the wheels a/f on one dyno run was 13.2 after adding some fuel another run was 12.8 the injectors were maxing out to 106 ( thought the 42's were good for 500hp). Has anyone else run into this problem oh yea I keep throwing belts too!! What can I do to fix these problems? Pat.

yea is it intercooled?? about the belts: those things are touchy as hell. you need to take at least a half inch out of the belt with that 2.9 pulley. if its too long, when you let off the throttle, the belt streches so far that it completely releases the tensioner and whips the belt off. ive killed like 3 belts and thrown at least 4, go tthe new belt and its been fine. the 42lb inj will BARELY support a 2.9. they usually get about 12:1, at 110-115% duty cycle. at that duty, they will not last too long. you will need larger injectors.

you have an 06 right?? did you install the walbro fuel pump in the tank? check your fuel pressure, the check valve is on the driver side fuel rail, towards the front. let me know what your pressure is, then i can help you alot more

Blew up my motor exactly this way. I am afraid that if you continue down this path, so will yours.

Here's what I would do:

1) Swap back on the 3.3" pulley for now

2) Buy some 60lb injectors

3) Install those 60lb injectors

4) Swap back on the 2.9" pulley

5) Tune for 11.0-11.5:1 AFR, that is very safe, and if you plan on keeping your motor, this will ensure that you will have it for a long time. Forced induction motors should never have anything in the 12:1 AFR range, let alone into the 13s.

This is just my two cents. Good luck!

Wideband is essential for tuning. I have an AEM wideband UEGO installed in my truck, but then again, I do all of my own tuning. It's good to know what your AFR is at and even being able to monitor it, however, if you have the proper size injectors, and a good tune for WOT AFR, wideband really is not needed. That is, unless you plan on retuning, revising, and tweaking the PCM yourself or adding supporting mods in the future.

The enduser person who really benefits from monitoring wideband is the ricer. The people who slap a turbo on their Civic and do not do any fuel upgrades, mods, or tune, and then like to crank up the boost (or change the boost level often). Obviously that may be exaggerated some. But on a blower application where the only way to add more boost is from a smaller pulley or equivalent, as long as you aren't changing the boost and had it properly tuned for that boost level, you are square. Bottom line is, unless you do all of your own tuning, you may not necessarily need wideband, but that is the choice of the person.

Kelley performance, I'm taking it to the shop thursday. what should the pressure be? I'm starting to think maybe the fuel pump wasn't change in the gas tank( check the box with the old parts and there is no old fuel pump)! on the belt I was running a 110.5 on the 2.9 with the 3.3 it had the belt that came with the kit 112.00 I think, but the truck has thrown the belt on both pulley's!! guys thanks for helping!!! Pat.

two and a half inches is alot..... i only went down an inch, if that. what kind of belt is it?

it sounds to me like a fuel pressure problem; the radix kits are known to run lean with the added boost, but not that lean. fuel pressure should be CONSTANT @ 58psi. if you do have the stock pump, you will see 58psi at idle; however, @ WOT you will see ALOT less if indeed its stock

Kelley performance, I'm taking it to the shop thursday. what should the pressure be? I'm starting to think maybe the fuel pump wasn't change in the gas tank( check the box with the old parts and there is no old fuel pump)! on the belt I was running a 110.5 on the 2.9 with the 3.3 it had the belt that came with the kit 112.00 I think, but the truck has thrown the belt on both pulley's!! guys thanks for helping!!! Pat.

So you threw the belt with the stock 3.3 pulley? That shouldn't happen. I have yet to throw a belt(knock on wood). I installed the maggie myself. I wouldn't think you would throw a belt on the stock pulley. Somethings not linned up. My maggie kit came with an added instruction page for making an adjustment to the tensor(sp?). Did you get that with your kit?

Kelley Performance, I think the differents between the 112.00 and 110.50 belt is a inch and a half ( the 112.00 is one hundred twelve inches long/ 110.50 is one hundred ten and a half inches long) ok so idle pressure should be 58psi, what should wot pressure be? SS Thunder, no I didn't get the instruction on how to adjust the tensor I had someone install the blowerkit for me! I'll call Magnacharger to see if they'll sent it to me ,if not can I get it from you? Pat.

Kelley Performance, I think the differents between the 112.00 and 110.50 belt is a inch and a half ( the 112.00 is one hundred twelve inches long/ 110.50 is one hundred ten and a half inches long) ok so idle pressure should be 58psi, what should wot pressure be? SS Thunder, no I didn't get the instruction on how to adjust the tensor I had someone install the blowerkit for me! I'll call Magnacharger to see if they'll sent it to me ,if not can I get it from you? Pat.

I'll see if I still got it. I'm thinking all they did was move the belt tensor(sp?) down as far as possible. I'll check and post it.