2005 polaris fusion 900

trickmob

I just got a good deal on this 900 fusion.I was told alot of stories about these sleds breaking down all the time .Blowing belts and ripping out motor mounts,but so far so good for me.I got it up to 110mph on ice with out studs.(felt much faster though).Iam going to clutch and gear it up to see what I can get out of it.This is the best ridding skidoo I have ever been on.Ill try to post some pics.

I just got a good deal on this 900 fusion.I was told alot of stories about these sleds breaking down all the time .Blowing belts and ripping out motor mounts,but so far so good for me.I got it up to 110mph on ice with out studs.(felt much faster though).Iam going to clutch and gear it up to see what I can get out of it.This is the best ridding skidoo I have ever been on.Ill try to post some pics.

Uhhhh, a Polaris isn't a skidoo... a Skidoo is a Skidoo... a Polaris is a Polaris. :yellow_loser: Were you trying to think of the word snowmobile perhaps?

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

:lol:

Easy mistake. I have been to 130+ on a sled and actually crashed at 110. I broke 4 vertebrae in my back and bruised all over. Be careful, they are as dangerous as bikes.

FWIW, the NOS brand nitrous kit works wonders for getting the sled to 130 easy. :thumbs:

I had an 02 XCSP 800 (piped, clutched, studded, reeds, boost bottle, higher compression heads, ported and polished everything and a 40 shot of N2O. It hauled ass. Never topped it out but I saw 130+ at the lakes on radar. Now, I will take a snotty 600 that is geared down and will not break 90.

When the 2005 900 Fusion's came out were a little slower and a disappointment for many Polaris lovers. Stock, they are pretty much a turd. But when you clutch, pipe, and mod the air box they wake up quite a bit. Make sure all of the updates have been done. The best airbox IMO would be the SLP High Flow, but the stock box can be gutted also if you don't want to spend the money. Twin pipes or a single pipe is a decision that you are going to have to make because you have to ride it. You would get the most power from twin pipes though. SLP has a good out of the box clutch kit, but it can be improved upon. I think most guys are running 144 for studs. Make sure you get the ECU reflash with whichever pipe you end up getting, this way you will get the most out of the pipe for the motor. Good luck!

Umm.... Unless your sleds are lowered and setup for ice, the 130 mph is kind of hard to believe. They tend to have enough lift at those speeds to go over. But remember that the speedo on a sled at least 10 - 15 off a radar or GPS run. Most of the Mod sleds i have rode peter out about 125 but get there lickity split. Last season I had a D&D 1147 twin in my cat and the only thing that beat me at the drags was a crankshop tripple in a skidoo and a supercharged apex that was cranked way down and had diggers everywhere u could put one in the track.

Umm.... Unless your sleds are lowered and setup for ice, the 130 mph is kind of hard to believe. They tend to have enough lift at those speeds to go over. But remember that the speedo on a sled at least 10 - 15 off a radar or GPS run.

I did it on radar at Salmon River Reservior in NY. They are very unstable at those speeds. I had 196 pics with 14 inch carbides on the front. I have seen numerous sldes top out over 130. It will take time and distance to get to 130 (if the sled had the HP) but a stock stance can and will do it. The new Mach Z is just about capable of 130 out of the box under the right conditions. Don't get me wrong, the wind at those speeds does lift the front and makes it difficult to control. As I stated, I got kicked off at 110 and lived to tell about it.

Why is that hard to believe?

Seen them go over from wind gusts on the flow in upstate newyork before! It can be done, its just like playing with fire. The new skidoo is pretty fast out of the box, but no way will it hit 130 with a 1.25" track and studs (too much resistance and the increase in rotating mass from the studs eats that top end). I have no doubt on asphault it can prolly get 130 in a quater though - they make a ton of power! (Team ski-doo XPS was running like 128 in 1000 ft with their mod 1000 in the grass and they were having trouble keeping it down of the line this year. But I am with you, give me a snotty 600 with a "Scott Hunt" clutch setup and let the fun begin! When I started with my 600, stock it would get bout 110 mph. Today with picks, 1.375" track, porting, head work, free flow exhause, clutched and an aggresive helix it wont run much over 95 but its power form the line to about 85 is amazing - still miss the mod sled though. I hate running on the lakes with those apex's and those darn old tripples that are worked, i'd regear but that isn't as much fun on the trail and on the jumps.

You ever hear of D&D Powersports in Lowville, NY? They build some pretty bad machines, my roommate in college is cousins to Danny and Dale that own it. They have some really great peoplw who live to build nasty machines........

Dan and Dale did it with no problem.....with Scott Moser riding...

D&D's F8, DESIGNED TO FIT THE F6, F7, SABERCAT 600, M6, AND M7 CARB AND EFI, HAS SET THE STANDARD FOR HP IN THE 800CC CLASS. THE CYLINDERS FEATURE TRIPLE TRANSFER AND TRIPLE EXHAUST PORTS FOR MORE AIR FLOW. WE HAVE SEEN 160 PLUS HP WITH A SINGLE PIPE AND OVER 170 HP WITH OUR NEW F8 TWIN PIPES. THIS TRAIL SET UP HAS RUN OVER 130MPH AT GOOSE BAY NY WITH ONLY GEAR CHANGES AND A TRACK CHANGE. KIT INCLUDES TWIN PIPES, 2 F8 CYLINDERS, BILLET ALUMINUM INTERCHANGEABLE DOME STYLE HEADS, 2 PISTON AND RING ASSEMBLIES, ORINGS, TIMING KEYS, AND BULLS EYE AIR INTAKES. YOU KEEP ALL YOUR STOCK PARTS

Seen them go over from wind gusts on the flow in upstate newyork before! It can be done, its just like playing with fire. The new skidoo is pretty fast out of the box, but no way will it hit 130 with a 1.25" track and studs (too much resistance and the increase in rotating mass from the studs eats that top end). I have no doubt on asphault it can prolly get 130 in a quater though - they make a ton of power! (Team ski-doo XPS was running like 128 in 1000 ft with their mod 1000 in the grass and they were having trouble keeping it down of the line this year. But I am with you, give me a snotty 600 with a "Scott Hunt" clutch setup and let the fun begin! When I started with my 600, stock it would get bout 110 mph. Today with picks, 1.375" track, porting, head work, free flow exhause, clutched and an aggresive helix it wont run much over 95 but its power form the line to about 85 is amazing - still miss the mod sled though. I hate running on the lakes with those apex's and those darn old tripples that are worked, i'd regear but that isn't as much fun on the trail and on the jumps.

You ever hear of D&D Powersports in Lowville, NY? They build some pretty bad machines, my roommate in college is cousins to Danny and Dale that own it. They have some really great peoplw who live to build nasty machines........

Do you know the "Dirty Dozen"?

I am a regular in the Tug Hill area and have been through Lowville many a times. I have family who have a ton of property in the Altmar area and usually stay there. That is why I take the 7 mile cruise over the Salmon River Reservior to get to the Hill. I frequent Timberview, FlatRock etc. If you stop in to Timberview, ask for Keith Horn and tell him that the Bangor PA guys said this was a good place to hang out. :thumbs:

Hey I am a rider over there too...We have a cabin on the Kimballs Mills Road in the Town of Diana, outside of Harrisville. I usually hit all those places. Ever been to the Buckhorn? Its about a 10 minute ride by trail from my camp.

I also know Dale from D&D. I drag race atvs with them, and his son Josh. I am also good friends with Scott Moser who also drag races atvs, but now does more sled drags for D&D. Small world. I live about 45 minutes north of Lowville.

That's the best place to ride, I used to go every year for spring break when I was in college. Didn't get to go this year. I have been to the buckhorn, timberview, tug hill. Any of you happen to know adam beyer or chris roes? (Both lowville locals I know) I miss riding there - michigan trails just don't compare!!!

Yea theres nothing like doing 100+ on a snowmobile :yellow_loser: Igot a friend with a 2005 1000 skidoo Iam looking to beat him next winter but he wants to add a BB kit.Will see

I'm currently riding a 06 Mach ZX 1000 and have raced my buddies 900 Fusion, not even a close race. You have a lot of work ahead of you to run with a stock Mach as most will run around 115-120mph on the gun.