Mass Airflow Sensor

gabbett1

My MAF started causing engine codes to go off lately and I am going to replace it. Right now I'm running the stock sensor that came on the truck, but I was wondering if I should get the same sensor again or if there is something better out there that I should get. Keep in mind my engine is built to a 403 with a D1 SC ProCharger turning 13lbs.

...How about trying the 100MM MAF from Lingenfelter and letting us know the results :chevy:

You must be maxing the stocker out all the time, did you rescale your MAF tables or are you doing a SD tune?

I honestly don't know about the MAF tables. I would assume that if they needed to be changed that they guy that did my tune at W2W would have done that. Did some asking around in my area and found out there is a good one through Grenetelli (not sure if spelled right).

I have a Granetelli, and I got it for next to nothing or I wouldn't have it at all. No noticable gains after installing it on my truck with a Volant CAI

I had one of their MAF sensors on my T/A and I thought it was well worth the money. I felt like I could just hear the increase in air flow and feel the gains right off the bat. IMO

From what I have heard, it is supposed to be good for blown engines because it allows more air flow over the stock MAF. If the Lingenfelter on is supposed to be so good, where can I find one at?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Granetelli the same diameter as the stocker,...just de-screened? That is why I initially suggested the 100MM Lingenfelter. :smash:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Granetelli the same diameter as the stocker,...just de-screened? That is why I initially suggested the 100MM Lingenfelter. :smash:

I agree, I would look into the LPE unit well before the Granetelli unit. The Granetelli unit is no better than a stock descreened maf.

• 1 month later...
Just descreen the stock MAF and ur in good hands its the same thing as the Granatelli, made a good diffrence when i did it, always run against a cousin of mine and really pulled from the line

Ok, I've made the decision to get the Lingenfelter MAF, but not sure which one to get. This is one subject that I know little about but apparently there are two versions, that are described as 12:00 and 3:00. Im assuming that is the angle of the plug for the sensor, but not sure which one to get. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. Also, they have two wire adapters available, but from what I could see when i took the harness off of my current stock MAF, it looks like I wouldn't need one... :confused:

Oh, also it says that the Lingenfelter MAF would not work with the stock tune, which I do not have. But do I need to reprogram for it to work still?

Edited by gabbett1 (see edit history)

Ok, I've made the decision to get the Lingenfelter MAF, but not sure which one to get. This is one subject that I know little about but apparently there are two versions, that are described as 12:00 and 3:00. Im assuming that is the angle of the plug for the sensor, but not sure which one to get. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. Also, they have two wire adapters available, but from what I could see when i took the harness off of my current stock MAF, it looks like I wouldn't need one... :confused:

Oh, also it says that the Lingenfelter MAF would not work with the stock tune, which I do not have. But do I need to reprogram for it to work still?

You'll be able to drive it, but I wouldn't drive it too much until you had the calibration fixed. The maf calibration will be pretty far off.