JUST ORDERED MY WESTER'S PCM

Nightshift

Have you had the chance yet to play? I was curious as to what you thought, felt, and noticed after installing it. :chevy:

Haven't been able to play, other than some short freeway blasts. There's allot of punch that wasn't there before. Definitely much faster from a standing start.

Most driving I've been able to do is surface, he tends to hold 3rd gear longer then I'm used to. So when cruising 35-40 down a boulevarde, he's winding out some. Looks like the shift points are set 1900-2000 rpm. The idle is unbelievably smooth. It'll be after the 1st before I have some real time to play. Ive talked to Lyndon and told hime I get back with him then.

In the meantime... I've ordered the B&B cat-bac from Tbyrne and a Volant intake from Kalezcustomz. :D

I'm completely impressed, dealing with Lyndon & Ilean is a pleasure. His warranty and ability to upgrade to different setup or different vehicle has allot to be said for it.

Tbyrne would be a good one to talk to, Lyndon just did one for him also. He can give you detail specifics. All I can do is say 'Oh Boy!'.

After the 1st of the year I can play, between work and a rent house project my free time is zero.

At least it's providing the resources to pay for these Christmas time mods. :jester:

WW :smash:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update:

I've put about 50 miles on him since the PCM change.

Lyndon said there would be a "learning period" of 30 - 60 miles so everyone can get to know each other, the truck, the PCM and me.

The last couple days I've noticed significant improvements, acceleration, shift firmness, etc.

I haven't been able to drive him much, and most of that has been surface. Seems like a good thing keeps getting better. :thumbs:

I slid my computer in the end of last week and have put about 70 miles on so far. The truck is more responsive throughout the RPM range. I noticed the biggest difference when I roll into it a little and the RPMs are in the 2500-4000 range (haven't really hammered it much yet). I filled up last night so I'm not driving it "normal" to see how my gas mileage is. I think this is going to be a popular upgrade :)

Tom

02silveradonew2small.jpg02suburban22sm.jpg

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more

2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Lyndon's doing some fine tuning, dropping the 3rd-4th shift point from 40mph to 35mph and some adjustments for the new Volant and exhaust.

As far as "He said to expect around 50hp (on paper 38hp). " I'm not "saying" anything, I'm quoting what Lyndon has said when talking to him. With his reputation here and in other forums I have no reason to doubt his word.

From seat of the pants it's definitely much much stronger than before, I'm looking forward to seeing what his fine tuning's going to do.

WW :cool:

....and every freeway in Houston is under construction. It's like driving through a minefield....

Friends don't let friends drive in Houston. That's a quote from my cousin who lives on Post Oak who HATES visiting me here in Huntsville because "I just don't trust air that I can't see..."

funny you should mention construction, i live in michigan. home of the orange barrel. my theory is that they have millions of barrels and no place to put them all so they just pick another spot to work on so they have a place to line them up.

Post Oak??? I work for Williams (Transco), in the tower. Right in the heart of the major 59/610/Galleria construction. I live less than 1.5 miles away inside the loop. When working nights my little commute can take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. :fume:

The cars stay tucked away nice and safe, the SS has been the commuter. I've considered riding a bike or walking, but after a 12 hour shift can't get home fast enough. :sleep:

I feel for your cousin, he's closer to it than I.

For some of us that are not too electrically inclined: How much for this upgrade? do you have to turn in your old PCM? And finally how hard is too install this Mod?

sorry lots of questions, but I have never done nothing like this and i don't want to tow my baby in with cables hanging all over the place LOL :lol:

Archived