HELP

abew330

ok people, i need help!!

i need to fix my truck today

this morning my truck just died.. i was driving along and then i press the gas more down and my truck just dies..

once i'm off to the side of the road i try to re-start the truck and it just turns over.. (cranking) acting like it wants to start up but something is stopping it from starting

i know its not the battery, the alt, starter... but what could stop it from starting???????

does the fuel pumps go out often on these trucks??

maybe a sensor keeping it from starting?

you guys got any ideas that i should be looking at?????

any help please!!!

Always check the easy stuff first like the gas tank. I have seen people look at me like I'm calling them a dumb ass or something and tell me their gauge says it has gas. But when I get them to add gas it starts right up the gauge or float was messed up. So try that first.

Always check the easy stuff first like the gas tank. I have seen people look at me like I'm calling them a dumb ass or something and tell me their gauge says it has gas. But when I get them to add gas it starts right up the gauge or float was messed up. So try that first.

i had jsut put in 20 bucks in gas.. there should be enough gas...

i was just driving and it dies...

any other ideas on what to check (easy stuff?))

i had jsut put in 20 bucks in gas.. there should be enough gas...

i was just driving and it dies...

any other ideas on what to check (easy stuff?))

Sorry to hear you are having issues. My based on your post my first two thoughts would be coil or coil wire..have you tried any test to check for good spark? Those are my initial thoughts after hearing it 'died while running' and that is sounds like it wants to turn over.

I'm certainly not a mechanic, though. Maybe others can help chime in.

Good Luck!

Jared

Sorry to hear you are having issues. My based on your post my first two thoughts would be coil or coil wire..have you tried any test to check for good spark? Those are my initial thoughts after hearing it 'died while running' and that is sounds like it wants to turn over.

I'm certainly not a mechanic, though. Maybe others can help chime in.

Good Luck!

Jared

How many miles are on the truck? Fuel pumps tend to go on GM cars at around 90k miles, turn your key on and listen for the pump.

How many miles are on the truck? Fuel pumps tend to go on GM cars at around 90k miles, turn your key on and listen for the pump.

Almost forgot....I am a newbie here, just picked up my SS last week! Hi to all, looks like a cool site!

I think when the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensors go out of sync the engine shuts down, and you're in sneaker mode.

Do you have a SES light on? Check the connector down by the gas pedal to see if it's loose ...

turn the ignition on and see if the fuel pump is on

it doesnt turn on.. if i turn on and off the key maybe 3-5 times in a roll fast... i can hear the pump turn on.. and i disconnected the inlet fuel line for the filter and seen fuel come out when i get the pump to turn on

but the pump doesnt still on... on the other silverado i can hear the pump just standing next to th truck

My based on your post my first two thoughts would be coil or coil wire..have you tried any test to check for good spark? Those are my initial thoughts after hearing it 'died while running' and that is sounds like it wants to turn over.

thats is my guess as well.. the coil but how would i go about testing that? i got the starting spray and the truck almost started 2 times but didnt...

Almost forgot....I am a newbie here, just picked up my SS last week! Hi to all, looks like a cool site!

its got about 99702 miles on it i think

the pump turns on for a second but back off.. it wont stay on

and to that the pump wont turn on every time i turn the key to the ON position

ok i got the new pump in but still doesnt turn on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cleaned the ground for the tank the pump has a new connector on it (it came with a plug)

what about the mass air sensor? does silverados come wih it?

give me some commons on what i should check / test please people!!!!!!!!!

I think when the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensors go out of sync the engine shuts down, and you're in sneaker mode.

Do you have a SES light on? Check the connector down by the gas pedal to see if it's loose ...

no check lights on

whats the connector look like or color?

There might be two fuel pumps, one in the tank, and one outside of the tank (on the line). Also, check to see about in in-line fuel filter, see if it's clogged. Might want to make sure you have good fuel. I've lost a coil on a V6 3.8 engine before, and it started and ran, rough starting, and sounded sick, but would run. This is easy, go through your entire engine bay, looking at all of the wires, full length, to make sure none has been cut, torn, or tattered. Also, check all connections to make sure they are secure. Check all fuses as well.

Didn't swap out the factory radio recently?

If you have no CEL light then it is most likely fuel related IMO. FPR, pump, filter. I am curious to see if you have pressure. Do you know where your shrader valve is on the fuel line. When you turn you key on, have your buddy push the shrader valve in and see if fuel spits out. If not, you have no fuel pressure. The 03's have a return system and the pressure bleeds out after the fuel pump primes the line. Happens in about 3 seconds after you key on so you will need a buddy to help ya on this one.

I am leaning toward fueling issues because you stated you used starting fluid and it rolled over.

If you are in "reduced engine power" mode check your TB connections. If moisture is in there, you will be in limp mode. Happens everytime I wash my engine bay.

Oh, you have a 2WD 03 SSS? They didn't exsist...