CAI worth the money?

ssaman

Ok so my friend has an 03 Mustang GT, o/r x pipe, stock mufflers and stock everything else. With his tax return he wants to buy some stuff for his paint to protect it but he already takes care of his paint like a bird to an egg. I am trying to tell him that CAI is worth getting but he says its a complete waste of money, not worth it at all. You guys have any input on on this little dispute? Personally i dont think its a waste of money, on my old silverado it made a nice difference in the power. Thanks guys :chevy:

Gotta go with the intake. Gotta have some go before you get some show. IMO, an intake isn't going to make a HUGE difference but it's definately worth a couple hundred bucks.

:withstupid: they won't do a whole lot but worth the bucks :thumbs:

CAI are worth some money. Most of them are over priced for the acutally performance you gain if any. I do have an outlaw CAI on my truck but their product is def worth the money. Under $200 for the radix version and I like it. I couldn't imagine paying more for a CAI. I paid a ton for my other CAI before finding out the design sucked and a new version came out. :banghead:

Dude a cold Air intake is WORTH VERY NICE GAINS ON A COBRA'.. I think they get somthing like 35 RWHP with the 03-04 cobras...The wake up ALOT!....Add Dual Cutouts a Pulley and a Tune....500rwhp...no prob.

It is a noticeable gain. I received much better throttle response. I was very skeptical at first (by nature) by right after installed there was a noticeable difference. Is it worth $250? I would get a tune done first. But it also has to do with the stock box, seeing as the Silverado intake is actually decent.

I would like to point out that in my book it is still a worth while mod. Things can get expensive quick and just adding 15-25 hp to the ground can cost you a thousand dollars.