SS vs new VMAX

loanrangerss

So last Friday I was at the car wash and started talking to a guy that was inn a new VMAX, We got to talking and he said that he had race (one of my kind of trucks) and it was no comparison. What does that mean? I said is that so witch one was it he knew exactly what the truck looked like and as he described it to me I knew what truck he was talking about. Do you remember the post I had about the last time I was at the car wash? Yeah that’s that guy. Ha I made a note to self I’m about to stomp your ass and hand it back too you.

So back to go time we pull out on Garth road and stopped traffic and we went on 3

It was no contest I pulled hard from him. I was like come on dude I know that truck has more than that so we line up at the next light and green light we go and run till about the mid of 3erd gear and I stayed in front the whole time. When we took off and my truck hit 2end he was still in first and started to real me inn, till he hit 2end and I took off again. We had to stop due to traffic. We stopped at the next light and talked a little bit and I asked I thought you race one of my trucks before and it was no comp for yours?

He said well I had the stock 20”s and now I have the 24”s so that must be the problem.

I said Oooooo I see well I got 22”s. I’m not stock either. But it was fun

:driving:

It sounds like he was stock. The Vortec MAX trucks have a lot of torque management, especially at the 1-2 shift. Stock, my 1-2 shift was PAINFULLY slow. I swear it took almost a second. A tune made a HUGE difference. The 1-2 shift is perfect now. I don't see a tune listed in your mods. Is that all the mods you have? How new was the V-MAX? Was it the 06/07 Classic, or the new body style? I know my V-MAX is getting faster the more miles I put on it. It was pretty tight when it was new.

Good kill, but take it easy on us V-MAX guys :) We are fellow Chevy owners.

Mike

It sounds like he was stock. The Vortec MAX trucks have a lot of torque management, especially at the 1-2 shift. Stock, my 1-2 shift was PAINFULLY slow. I swear it took almost a second. A tune made a HUGE difference. The 1-2 shift is perfect now. I don't see a tune listed in your mods. Is that all the mods you have? How new was the V-MAX? Was it the 06/07 Classic, or the new body style? I know my V-MAX is getting faster the more miles I put on it. It was pretty tight when it was new.

Good kill, but take it easy on us V-MAX guys :) We are fellow Chevy owners.

Mike

i dont have any porfamance mods and his truck was the new body style

its already been said that the new v-max trucks are not that quick yet due to the torque managment. i am not taking anything away from ur truck but when they get tuned i think that 367 hp is gonna be great. i would like to run into one now and see where i stand. good race though

i dont have any porfamance mods and his truck was the new body style

The new V-MAX trucks have had pitifully slow 0-60 times in the magazine articles. The best time I've seen was 7.4 seconds. To contrast, the same magazine tested the SS at 6.6 seconds. That's a pretty big difference.

My truck ran 0-60 in 6.7 at 4,400 feet elevation with a mild tune and a K&N drop in. I did not test it stock, but I would guess the tune took off .2 to .3 seconds. The K&N actually made it slower (go figure). Either way, my V-MAX was faster 0-60 at 4,400 feet than the new ones are at sea level (stock).

A tuned 07 NBS might be pretty quick, it's hard to say. The torque curve is not as "meaty" as our LQ9's, but the peak HP is higher. The new trucks weigh more also.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)