well i bought a mega boost valve (.570") from TCI that was for 4L60E trans , I have a 06' 4L65E, thought they where the same parts..............wrong, the boost valve in my 06' was shorther than the 4L60E boost valve!!! anyone else come accross anything like this?? please help.

• 2 weeks later...
call up chuck at FLT he will machine one for you. another common problem is the bore is different on several units. www.finishlinetrans.com

how will he know which bore size i have? :dunno:

when i say several units, i mean different year trucks with different trans. the year and tranny model usually does just fine.... ive only had one valve not fit, which happened to be my truck. IMO its totally unneccesarry to change the boost valve. i have a stock boost valve, smaller sized bit vb spacerplate holes, one washer in the 1-2 accum, all springs with the hd-2, both sonnax servos w/ pin, and flipped billet accumulator pistons. my truck doesnt shift hard under 60% throttle, you cant really feel it at all. but at or near WOT, it chirps my 22's just fine and is quite breakneck firm into any gear. and dont read this and think i just raised line pressure.... this is at stock pressures; when i raised line pressures just a tad, i was going sideways after the 1-2 shift. shift times were usually about .25-.40 at most on the scanner. i did the same for several customers, and i like to use my own spring in the 1-2 accum to keep from that nasty banging into 2nd.

when i say several units, i mean different year trucks with different trans. the year and tranny model usually does just fine.... ive only had one valve not fit, which happened to be my truck. IMO its totally unneccesarry to change the boost valve. i have a stock boost valve, smaller sized bit vb spacerplate holes, one washer in the 1-2 accum, all springs with the hd-2, both sonnax servos w/ pin, and flipped billet accumulator pistons. my truck doesnt shift hard under 60% throttle, you cant really feel it at all. but at or near WOT, it chirps my 22's just fine and is quite breakneck firm into any gear. and dont read this and think i just raised line pressure.... this is at stock pressures; when i raised line pressures just a tad, i was going sideways after the 1-2 shift. shift times were usually about .25-.40 at most on the scanner. i did the same for several customers, and i like to use my own spring in the 1-2 accum to keep from that nasty banging into 2nd.

when you say raised line pressure, was that raised with your tune or just from the springs and boost valve?

how will he know which bore size i have? :dunno:

The O.D. bore size is all the same, I think he ment to say boost valve diameter which most range from .470 - .500 that we use. The issue that you guys are talking about is the length of the boost valve sleeve that changed in late 05 to present. The sleeve is now shorter in the later model 60/65/70E transmissions which transgo has recently changed from what I here. We have been machining the transgo and sonnax boost valve sleeves for our customers that ordered shift kits until transgo and sonnax get caught up with the new pump design.

Chuck

The O.D. bore size is all the same, I think he ment to say boost valve diameter which most range from .470 - .500 that we use. The issue that you guys are talking about is the length of the boost valve sleeve that changed in late 05 to present. The sleeve is now shorter in the later model 60/65/70E transmissions which transgo has recently changed from what I here. We have been machining the transgo and sonnax boost valve sleeves for our customers that ordered shift kits until transgo and sonnax get caught up with the new pump design.

Chuck

Good to know :cheers: