totaled my work truck

Well people, this past weekend I was fishing with a few buddys. The night before we had been drinking pretty heavy. We all went to bed around 4 am. We woke up around 9 am and hit the road to go fishing. I was bullshiting with my buddy who was in my truck the other two where behind me in their truck. Anyways I was bullshiting with my buddy when I noticed i was off the road a bit and in the gravel. I go to get back on the black top and it went into a slide and I over counter steered and plopped it on its side. We went about 30 to 40 feet on the side of the truck before it came to a rest. Well I went to call a tow truck but a state cop happened to drive by at the very moment. he had me blow in the breath alizer, I was screwed right there and then. I feel kinda shitty because i could have hurt or killed my best friend

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my work truck. that i purchased. I wont get fired. It just kinda sucks though. My cousin came and picked me up at the police station and we went to look at the truck theres not a straight piece on it, i lost my cell phone in the wreck or i would take pictures. i blew a .149 in the breathalizer so im really screwed i think im getting a dui out of it which is gonna suck, but i deserve it

It was my work truck. that i purchased. I wont get fired. It just kinda sucks though. My cousin came and picked me up at the police station and we went to look at the truck theres not a straight piece on it, i lost my cell phone in the wreck or i would take pictures. i blew a .149 in the breathalizer so im really screwed i think im getting a dui out of it which is gonna suck, but i deserve it

Glad all are OK. A bit of advise, You have already given them proof of your blood alcohol content, so the best thing you can do is try to get into a pre trial deversion program of some sort. Lots of community service, AA meetings, humility, etc. Remember, you have admitted guilt by blowing, don't try to change that because the judge will see that you have not come to terms with the "crime" and you will get close to the max sentence. Best thing to do is cower and beg like a bitch. No shame in that. Good luck and if the judge and procecutor belive you have learned a lesson, you have done some community service, they will be lenient as possible. Just hope like hell MADD does not persue your case or you are ****ED!

Good luck!

Not to be a dick ... But are you starting to see a trend with your actions?!?!?!

Didn't your Girlfiend take off on you with your Kid, due to you being out at the bars all the time? Then all of the crap you had at your HS reunion or something, about your drinking?

Buddy ... Going out and having a good time is one thing .... But It seems that the sauce is causing a lot of Major problems in your life!!!!!! JMHO

BTW you shouldn't of blown. You are in no way legally obligated to give blood breath or urine without a court order and by the time they get one your levels are down.

Here in Fl if you dont blow they take you away. Suspended license, etc. Pretty much the same to. Which is fine by me. I am not too fond of drunk drivers. American Revolution you are lucky to escape with your life and the fact that no one was hurt. From reading your posts I can tell you will never do this again. Hope all goes well for you