Check engine light

adams2003

ther are many codes that can set in the system so it's pretty hard to find out the reason. you can also just drive it a couple days with it on and if it goes off i wouldn't worry about it. if it stays on then something has likely failed and will need to be replaced.

Happened second day of ownership for me. Scanned the truck and result was "massive leak in evap system". I was advised to check gas cap to ensure it was tight. Silly me just grabbed the cap and twisted rather than LOOKING. Turned out to be the plastic attachment from body to cap was caught in the cap. I had captured it when I had last fueled.

If Autozone won't do it for free (our local one no longer does it at all), then just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so to see if it resets. Hopefully it was an intermittent thing or a fluke. If that doesn't work, I highly suggest investing in a scanner that reads AND clears codes. I have the Auto XRay and it's one of my best investments. Good luck. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...
Im not sure what it was?  It wasn't the gas cap because I checked that as soon as the light came on.  It just went away after a couple of days.

My ss was parked for a week and half so when I hit the auto start it would not fire up. I jumped the battery and bank she fired up and all seemed ok. While I was driving down the road my light came on and will not go off. The truck seems to be running fine so I took my gas cap off and tightened it up til it clicked. Now the light is still on. I guess I will go to autozone and get it read. I hope after they rest it Im good to go because i looked and I cant find anything wrong. :crazy:

Archived