Sub Idea

Idea....might want to check out the new jl slim sub's. Then mae a custom box that would fit in the backseat where you would usually place the amps. Then the amp for power bolt it under your seat.

;)

• 4 months later...

im pretty sure that i saw it on here but someone actually made the back seat in to the sub box. they gutted the seat and fabbed the speaker in to it, and it still had a thin layer on foam in it but i think he replaced it with higher grade padding for better confort... there r speakers that r made thin to fit under seats so maybe these can be used for this, or maybe u can make the back of the seat into the box... i dont know just a couple a suggestions... good luck...

-Rob

• 2 months later...

been looking for something like this since i got my truck. the bose speakers are great from highs thru the low-mids, but there's not quite that heart-pounding, arrhythmia-inducing bass like i'm used to from my dodge. i think i'm gonna have to pick one of these up. finally found something to do to my otherwise-perfect truck. thanks!

thank everyone for thier input..

check this out!!

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealth...php?fit_id=1543

that JL stealthbox with 2 10" subs for behind the seat runs $799 on crutchfield

just thought i'd throw that out there... i'm still drooling on it though :-)

those stealth ones only fit on the four door trucks though right??

no the suicide ones like most of us have

that JL stealthbox with 2 10" subs for behind the seat runs $799 on crutchfield

just thought i'd throw that out there... i'm still drooling on it though :-)

damn thats a little pricey, and i bet thats only the box with no subs huh?

those stealth ones only fit on the four door trucks though right??

no the suicide ones like most of us have

no they fit ext cab like ours, i'v seen some with them and i think Holty has or had that box in his truck, or something very close to it...

-Rob

i think the JL dual 10 sub box only fits classic crew cabs... at least from the description, that's what i gather. it says it includes two JL10W0 subs... but no amp or wiring, so i'm guessing that's what'll getcha for the rest of the big bucks. seems to me most conventional amps now are running about a buck every two amps, and digital amps are a buck an amp... at least, last time i checked into electronics very seriously that's how it was... and that was about 4 years ago when i put a huge stonkin' system in my 97 ram SS/T

i think the extended cab trucks are probably better off with one under the seat due to the way the seat bottom folds up as opposed to how the crew cab truck seats fold down more like SUV seats.

again, no personal experience here so i'm speculating based on what i can imagine here and what i recall from a buddy of mine's extended cab truck. maybe i'll pop down by the dealer here in the next day or so and check out the SSS they have on the lot now and see what i can figure from that.