SRT 10 Speeding down the freeway

06 SRT10

Not stressed out and certainly not bitching. If you read my post, I'm stating an opinion which I'm entitled to as an American citizen. Again, if you actually read my post, I'm also asking for those guys to just be careful. I don't like to see anyone, especially a fellow car enthusiast, get hurt or have their driving rights revoked. I am an avid racer and track employee...It's kind of my job and my duty to promote the track and try to get as many people off of the street and into a safe racing facility as possible. I appreciate your opinion, but please learn to objectively read a post before you attack someone again.

That was just the second thread out off three i read in about two minutes that had almost the same reply from you... not attacking you at all, I guess your just doing your job but if I was in CA I wouldn't be worrying about people on a highway in FL.... Peace, chicken grease, gears and beers!!!

:chevy::cheers::chevy:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool video, i hold nothing against people with other vehicles i love the majority of them....i mean i cant stand the the sound of the west nile virus swarm ricers but as far as dodge ford and chevy we all have preferences. So srt's are faster stock atleast we dont look like the average ram driving down the road :D

Yeah you look like the average chevy truck running down the road :chillpill:

That was just the second thread out off three i read in about two minutes that had almost the same reply from you... not attacking you at all, I guess your just doing your job but if I was in CA I wouldn't be worrying about people on a highway in FL.... Peace, chicken grease, gears and beers!!!

:chevy::cheers::chevy:

Well said...Peace to you as well. I don't care what state they are in...I'll state again, I don't want to hear, read, or otherwise about people getting hurt, especially because of stupidity.

I guess a Dodge SRT10 looks like any other Dodge, a Silverado SS looks like any other Chevy, and a Lightning used to look like any other Ford.......

To the "non car nuts"....

;)

Those who know can spot them apart.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

i know no chevys were harmed in this video cus u hit us its like a rock and by the i speak for all the die hard bow tie lovers out there and on this fourm when yall say grab life by the horns the bow ties say and face **** it :puke: v10

Uh........................ I have no idea what you just said. :confused::confused:

In english please!

-K-

Edited by KoreySS (see edit history)

So why worry and bitch at everyone else doing it? If they f up and slam into the back of you, sue his ass... If you worry about everybody else street racing you must be pretty stressed out!

Ok, here's a brief primer on why, unfortunately, this doesn't work in the real world...

1. I think his *main* point was racing should be on-track, and not on-street. The forum issue is irrelevant to me, and probably to most as well.

2. If they "f up and slam into the back of you", you have (for all involved) possible medical damages, possible loss of work damages, possible criminal charges, possible real property damages, possible civil and punitive damages and other impacts associated thereto. Whiplash is not fun; litigation is, I daresay, worse than whiplash. It takes years... in the mean time, it can be a long, boring, frustrating and financially harmful (can someone say bankruptcy?) process- and that's when you are the plaintiff! Imagine being a defendant. Expensive- lawyers are about $300/hour now, plus fees and expenses. This "litigation fixes all", sue everything attitude will get us all in trouble at some point. Like my dad used to say, "I'll be out of jail before you're out of the hospital." Death is even worse than that... especially when *you* screw up and *they* die (even worse when it's a bystander or a child), if one has any sense of morality at all.

3. I do worry about morons racing in the street, and I do stay stressed out- for a reason. I have seen people die, up close and personal. I have seen accidents come at me, spinouts by drunks where there is no where to run. I worry about my employees getting hurt or killed- it does happen. We build and work on freeways and other public infrastructure (in Los Angeles and other parts of SoCal), and let me tell you, I'd love to see you set cones (with no protection) on a busy freeway and see two headlights (many times) coming at you at 70+ every day, multiple times a night, and see how you feel about the "traveling public". I bet your blood pressure would spike just a tad, just like ours does.

I don't mean to sound crass, but that was an ignorant and arrogant statement you made. From one who has personally wrecked (and survived, doing the very dumb things in question here) and witnessed some pretty gruesome scenes, I hope you might revisit this potentially dangerous attitude and reevaluate the supposed neccessity of racing in the street. If you need entry money to the track, I'll gladly donate some rather than meet you in a bad way on the 405...

The whole time I was watching that video I was waiting for all 4 of ya'll to line them up and actually give it a go. That was the 405 South wasn't it? Looks like ya'll were headed to a car show! Nice looking rides. I'm not gonna say wrong forum cuz that's obvious but I'm still a fan of all trucks, very nice indeed.

I don't mean to sound crass, but that was an ignorant and arrogant statement you made. From one who has personally wrecked (and survived, doing the very dumb things in question here) and witnessed some pretty gruesome scenes, I hope you might revisit this potentially dangerous attitude and reevaluate the supposed neccessity of racing in the street. If you need entry money to the track, I'll gladly donate some rather than meet you in a bad way on the 405...

Thanks Ghandi..... I've reassessed my life, attitude, and my neccessity to race on the street...

sorry to have struck a chord that obviously angers you... setting cones on a freeway doesn't sound like a fun or safe job, thats why I wouldn't do it, but I also wouldn't drive 70+ through a cone zone either....

Their are definitely unsafe street racing situations, and others a lot less hazardous, but your ignorance and arrogance is at question when you think I don't have the common sense to distinguish for myself what is harmless fun and dangerous racing. Oh and I guess you learned your lesson after your accident doing the very dumb things in question here, and never take your truck up through first or second gear at WOT on the street.... right? Or is that not considered street racing to you? Save your money and buy more protection for your employees..... might save a little stress... ah shit there goes the ignorance again...

SORRY to hijack the thread... hopefully i didn't piss somebody else off w/ this post.

OK video, but like previously stated, less music and more engine noise woulda been nice and maybe one time lining em all up!!

Thanks Ghandi..... I've reassessed my life, attitude, and my neccessity to race on the street...

sorry to have struck a chord that obviously angers you... setting cones on a freeway doesn't sound like a fun or safe job, thats why I wouldn't do it, but I also wouldn't drive 70+ through a cone zone either....

Their are definitely unsafe street racing situations, and others a lot less hazardous, but your ignorance and arrogance is at question when you think I don't have the common sense to distinguish for myself what is harmless fun and dangerous racing. Oh and I guess you learned your lesson after your accident doing the very dumb things in question here, and never take your truck up through first or second gear at WOT on the street.... right? Or is that not considered street racing to you? Save your money and buy more protection for your employees..... might save a little stress... ah shit there goes the ignorance again...

SORRY to hijack the thread... hopefully i didn't piss somebody else off w/ this post.

OK video, but like previously stated, less music and more engine noise woulda been nice and maybe one time lining em all up!!

You cannot purchase any more or better PPE for people than as I already do. We train like there is no tomorrow, and our people are certified instructors. And the risk is still there. My accident was on a deserted road in the country- that I OWNED. I do not drive to put others' lives at risk. It sems nowadays that you have to actually watch one die or be injured from this to understand my point, or, at least, have more common sense and ability to reason than the iron you drive. Your comment of "If they f up and slam into the back of you, sue his ass..." led me to believe your experience and ability to reason were somewhat lacking; sorry if this inference was incorrect, but even you must admit it does not fit with the conditions of this life. Unfortunately, it looks as though you feel groundless statements are the only recourse against reason; next time, bring some facts to the table or risk looking the fool.