2/4 drop is getting done.

well guys after much talk about this 2/4 drop its finally getting done. at first i didnt want to do the work myself, but got a call from my uncle and said "hey i just saw a truck like yours lowered, you NEED to do it, ill help you" thats it once he said he will help its a done deal. i told him i will start ordering the parts. im going with hangers in the back(already have shackels) and coils up front. i was going to do spindles but its to much money and you can only use 17" or larger rims, and my stock i use for the winter are only 16". also im going to order shocks for the rear, since i read that stock shocks will be fine in the front. if i missed anything please inform me. maybe shims?? idk. cant wait to get it done, hopefully we will have it done in a day. think i need a spring compressor for the front?. o well just had to let you guys know, ive been waiting so long for this, this does hold back some other plans, like body work and all but rather do all the work that can put scratches in first then do that work on a freshly painted body. but ill keep working my 2 jobs for it to be done. and also im graduating high school in a couple weeks so some funds will come in soon.~~Kyle

thanks man only 24 days left! hopefully if the kit gets here b4 friday. also to thos who think "skipping school" is bad, its "patty murphy day" dont know if anyone else besides kids from around here have heard of it but its a legend about a senior in high school that skipped shool to go to the beach and drowned, so its a "memorial" for him (i dont think that ever happend) but ill celebrate to that and work on my truck. :cheers:

congrats on graduation, it may not sound like it but you'll miss it. junior and senior years were the best. anyway can't wait to see pictures once your drop is done. :driving:

right on kyle, your truck should look real nice dropped. What kind of parts are you using for the drop? (Belltech, etc.)

Enjoy your last few weeks of school, they'll fly by. Try to keep in touch with all your friends, this is something i should have done after i graduated, but what can you do. Sometimes its hard to keep in touch with friends cause they go to college and stuff, but thats what the internet is for :)

ya everyone (kids) say they cant wait to get out, but im really the only one who says im going to miss it. i had so much fun these past 2 years. luckly i will be going to college close by so i will still be able to hang out with alot of my freinds. as for the drop im using belltech, i used belltech shackels, and just got the hangers. i also bought toxic shock for the rear.

You wont need a spring compressor for the front. Unbolt the shock and the sway bar from the lower control arm. Place a jack under the control arm and remove the two nuts and bolts hold the lower control arm on. Carefully let the jack down and the spring will fall right out of there. Throw the new spring in and bolt everything back together. Very easy to do. You don't even need to lossen or remove the spindle.

Sorry, I was in a hurry to leave work when I typed that. The control arm drops down, but it is still connected to the spindle. You don't even have to remove the brakes. When you pull the wheel off, the instructions will all make sence. The first side will take the longest and the second will take half the amount of time. I've done it this way 10+ times on 99+ trucks. I can do it from start to finish in 20-25 minutes per side. I hope this clears it up:

1. Jack the truck up and support it on jack stands

2. Remove the wheel

3. Unbolt the shock at the bottom and top (the shock will just be sitting inthere at this point)

4. Unbolt the sway bar end link and remove the bolt

5. Place a jack under the center of the lower control arm and jack it up to take off some of the pressure

6. Remove the two bolts that hold the lower control arm to the frame

7. Carefully lower the jack (you might have to tap on the lower control arm to get it to come loose from the frame)

8. At this point remove the jack and pull the coil spring and shock out

9. Place the new coil and old shock back into the upper control arm and align the lower control with the coil spring

10. Place the jack back under the lower control arm and carefully jack the lower control arm into place (It will take a little work to get it to line up)

11. Place the two bolts back into the lower control arm (where they mount to the frame)

12. Bolt your sway bar back on

13. Bolt your shcok back into place

14. Check all the nuts and bolts and make sure everything is tight

15. Bolt the wheel back on and move onto the next side