Noise in Dash

haul@ss

So I took the truck in for warranty work and asked them to check for a clicking/rattling noise somewhere near the driver side dash area. They confirmed the noise and fixed it... TEMPORARILY! The sound is back again and my warranty just went out this month! What the hell am i supposed to do?...

It sounds like something is lose or something because everytime i turn slowly and even when driving on a straight road, it makes the noise. AHHH anyone have to say anything about this?

So I took the truck in for warranty work and asked them to check for a clicking/rattling noise somewhere near the driver side dash area. They confirmed the noise and fixed it... TEMPORARILY! The sound is back again and my warranty just went out this month! What the hell am i supposed to do?...

It sounds like something is lose or something because everytime i turn slowly and even when driving on a straight road, it makes the noise. AHHH anyone have to say anything about this?

the dealership should still work on the problem under warranty since it was pre-existing

I think I know what it is. I had the same problem and it would drive me crazy. It's just some plastic pieces under the dash that are moving around. I took a peice of foam and wedged in between a couple of items down there and it's all gone. I'll try to post some pics of what I did later.

mine makes a clicking sound right to the left of the ac controls right behind the dash . but mine only does it when the ac is turned on and it irritates the hell out of me if i dont have the radio on.

mine does the same thing but only sometimes i just turn up the radio i think it is some sort of problem with a relay

Mine is in the shop now with this problem, for me it was the top part of the dash on the driver side toward the window, its under the plastic outer shell but if you hold your hand on it, it goes away, had a manager drive it and he knew what it was, also, he said he could fell a problem in my wheel(felt find to me 5,500 on truck a 05) :confused: and he was going to replace the wheel shift, getting back to the noise try holding your hand down on the top dash on the driver side and see if that stops it

good luck

As promised, here are pics of how I solved my under dash rattle.

I took a piece of foam wrapping and folded it and wedged it in between the air vent and whatever else is on top of it. This vent is what was rattling. After wedging that in there, the rattle went away. I hope this helps solves someone's rattle problem.

post-8994-1177452202_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

The last time I had the truck in the dealer I had them check out the noise I was hearing under the driver side of the dash. According to the dealer the noise that I am hearing is the Tach motor and is pretty common on these to go out. They said that it would be replaced under warranty of course but would be replaced with a rebuilt cluster and not a brand new one and would have the chance of doing the same thing. They recommended that I wait until the noise gets really really bad or just before the factory warranty expires and have it replaced then.

• 4 years later...

I know this is super old lol, but did you ever get it fixed? I have this same sound now and it's freakin annoying!

I have tons of interior noises on the truck at this point, my fix now that all that cost is out of my own pocket is to turn up the radio, lol.