Lowering Questions...

Go to EBay and get the "2 inch" Silverado drop shackles for the rear. Several hits come up searching for "Silverado shackle" in title and description. I put 2 inch in quotes because the actual drop is closer to 1.5 to 1.75 rather than a full 2 inches. To keep ride quality in the rear, remove the bracket from the rear bumpstops and attach the bumpstops directly to the frame.

Bilstein shocks all around will give an excellent ride compared to stock with this setup.

:withstupid:

Cut the bumpstops on the front...I've got the Belltech spindles and it would have hit unless I raised the front up...And I thought the rear would have been ok also, but after installing Toxic shocks on the rear, it now hits also, so I need to trim them up or do SS_bnoon_SS's suggestion, which is probably what will happen...

Sweet! Thanks Gentlemen! I went ahead and got some 6 inch eye to eye, so 1.5inch lowering shackles, already dropped the factory bumpstops/brackets and did some Energy Suspension polys out back, ordered the Bilsteins, and will get it all set and leveled this next weekend!

Steve

Hey, i had a question, i waslooking at my torsion bar key bolts and noticed that one bolt is threaded farther than the other. is it supposed to be that way? i wanted to adjust them a little to bring the front down a little more. anyways, just wanted to see if you had any thoughts.

The guy at the dealership told you the truck should have a 2" block? My truck is a 5.3 4x4 and has a 2" block between the axle and the spring. Maybe the SS trucks don't have this and the regular ones do. He possibly just didn't know? Actually........I am curious as to what the difference is between SS and 4x4 suspension, but I can't start my thread on that until I post 5 times. :banghead:

The guy at the dealership told you the truck should have a 2" block? My truck is a 5.3 4x4 and has a 2" block between the axle and the spring. Maybe the SS trucks don't have this and the regular ones do. He possibly just didn't know? Actually........I am curious as to what the difference is between SS and 4x4 suspension, but I can't start my thread on that until I post 5 times. :banghead:

Yes, the 4x4 non-SS trucks have the block, SS's do not. Spring rates, front keys, no rear overload springs, and bumpstop size/durometer are about all that changes otherwise compared to the 4x4 suspension. The basic design is the same.

Yes, the 4x4 non-SS trucks have the block, SS's do not. Spring rates, front keys, no rear overload springs, and bumpstop size/durometer are about all that changes otherwise compared to the 4x4 suspension. The basic design is the same.

:withstupid: This seems to be true...

Do people change the Torsion Bar Keys when lowering sometimes???

:withstupid: This seems to be true...

Do people change the Torsion Bar Keys when lowering sometimes???

Some people do change the keys, but it can put your camber/caster out of spec depending on your vehicle. Best bet is to lower your stock keys, if you want to go lower buy spindles.