Just purchased a Jet Boat..

BILLS04SS

Just one a jet boat off of ebay. I'm flying out to complete the transaction and do some testing. Its not exactly right around the corner and was wondering if anyone has ever had a boat shipped. I did some looking around online, and seems pretty pricey. 2k on the low end and up to 4k. From Arizona to MD. uggggg. Me and a buddy may just go on a road trip. Thanks for your inputs. by the way here is the link to the boat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...9689&rd=1,1

Bill

Sweet A$$ boat!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Try looking into Enterprise Rental ... They rent Pickup Trucks. Try to get one on a OneWay rental, and just bring a tow ball and reciver hitch. Or rent a small truck from Penske or Uhaul ... same thing, they all have tow balls for hauling their car trailers.

Either way you go, it will be a pricey endevor ...

Best of luck!!!

EDIT: Yeah ... that way you won't put the miles on the SS ... you can probably do it for less money, and that includes Airfare ... Plus a "Road Trip" with a good friend, is always what the Doctor orders!!!!

Sweet A$$ boat!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Try looking into Enterprise Rental ... They rent Pickup Trucks. Try to get one on a OneWay rental, and just bring a tow ball and reciver hitch. Or rent a small truck from Penske or Uhaul ... same thing, they all have tow balls for hauling their car trailers.

Either way you go, it will be a pricey endevor ...

Best of luck!!!

Thanks for the props.. I've been thinking about doing that as well. Just renting a Pickup truck one way.. I'll figure something out

B

Sweet boat. I believe I'd try to get the boat home myself if it were me. That way you don't have to worry about some sap messing up your new toy in transit. Besides that, everyone needs a road trip now and again.

I've been thinking the same thing.. Might fly out and get a one way truck rental.. :banghead:

If you need a Co-Pilot .... I am off duty and on Vacation from May 15th til June 11th .... I come with a Badge, Gun and a good sense of direction!!!! Oh yeah ... Payment will be made in Bud Light Only!!!! :crackup:

Enough said ... I could go for a road trip ... :D

Another jet boat guy...nice.. Have you ever owned a jet boat before. They're incredible. I love them. Anyway...looks like you scored 1 hell of a Southwind. I prefer thru transom exhaust, but over the top is the way to go on that style boat anyway. Looks like you're gonna have 1 hell of a summer. As far as getting it home, the road trip is the only way to go. See the country, and "clear your head". Good luck

If you need a Co-Pilot .... I am off duty and on Vacation from May 15th til June 11th .... I come with a Badge, Gun and a good sense of direction!!!! Oh yeah ... Payment will be made in Bud Light Only!!!! :crackup:

Enough said ... I could go for a road trip ... :D

Armed & Dangerous II :jester: coming to a theatre near you this summer!

So ...who looks like Eugene Levy? ;)

BTW...Nice boat :thumbs:

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

sweet boat... if you have never owned a jboat before... remember a few things... you must be under power to turn!! also, make sure the cooling system is solid... and one more thing make sure you dont turn off the boat when it is in drive!~ i may have that last one confused with another boat... i have had a jet boat, a ski nautique and a 35 foot ocean fishing boat, and a wave runner/jet ski ...

anyways happy boating... :cheers:

Thanks guys.. Looks like i'm taking a road trip all the way... Leaving Wednesday morning.. Wish me luck. I'll post some pics when i get back.. I've driven quite a few jet boats in my day and yes they are a blast. Just have to stay away from rough water :banghead: I'll be putting on a jetavader sp? Soon :)