Factory 6 disc changer issue

All of a sudden my cds will not play. The cd icon just blinks and when I select the cd player its just a blank display. If I disconnect the battery, do you think that will reset the changer? Is that worth a shot?

The problems is that one or more of your cd's fell out of allignment and got cought inside, therefore none will now play. The GM fix is to replace the stereo, send out your unit and send you back your cd's which will take a long time. A few members went trough this already. The cheap and quick fix is to pull the stereo out, remove the topcover and realign the cds with a screw driver, plug everything back in and things should be fine. Atleast that is how I fixed mine when I had this happen to me.

The problems is that one or more of your cd's fell out of allignment and got cought inside, therefore none will now play. The GM fix is to replace the stereo, send out your unit and send you back your cd's which will take a long time. A few members went trough this already. The cheap and quick fix is to pull the stereo out, remove the topcover and realign the cds with a screw driver, plug everything back in and things should be fine. Atleast that is how I fixed mine when I had this happen to me.

:withstupid: Here's my post I did when the same thing happened to mine after having the deck out to install a line level adapter. I has several pics to show you what could be wrong. CD player trouble post.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)