New Pet

I got a tank from a guy at work and have always wanted a reptile of some sort and my g/f agreed to a lizard so we went to the pet store and looked at what they had and most of them were just sitting there while this guy was jumping all over the place so I figured he was the one! He is about 12" long right now and will grow to 40" so it looks as if I will be getting a larger tank in the future!

roxymotor022.jpg?t=1177982058

roxymotor020.jpg?t=1177982010

roxymotor014.jpg?t=1177982095

roxymotor013.jpg?t=1177982127

roxymotor008.jpg?t=1177982158

roxymotor019.jpg?t=1177982192

That thing is pretty wild. I think when I look into a pet something like this will b eon my to concider list. I work way to much to get a dog and would feel bad leaving it home alone. Fish snake or a lizard are on top of the list.

Looks pretty cool! :thumbs:

Reptiles can be fun. My daughter has an African Green Tree snake. It was about 9-10" long when she got it. Now it's 4-5 years old and about 2 1/2 ft. long. She likes to walk around with it in her hair. :eek: You can imagine the looks when she's talking to someone and this lime green snake pops his head out. I've seen grown men actually scream and run. :crackup:

That thing is pretty wild. I think when I look into a pet something like this will b eon my to concider list. I work way to much to get a dog and would feel bad leaving it home alone. Fish snake or a lizard are on top of the list.

Cool lizard Jon.

Kaotik, you should concider a Salt Water Aquarium. They are a blast.

I don't know how long it takes to get to full size but they are supposed to live 15 years and he is very very active, the only time he sits in one place is while he is sleeping under the red light. It usually takes him an hour or so once I switch the basking light on to wake up and get active. I just got done feeding hime 3 more crickets and two were gone instantly. I have had him for 2 days and and I already love this guy he makes us laugh constantly. He will sit there and watch the cats watch him. I keep telling the cats they better watch out because he may eat them one day! :crackup:

i've always liked reptiles. i was about to buy a beared dragon last summer but my girlfriend didn't feel like watching it while i was on vacation.

I owned 2 Water Dragons for about a two and a half years,and just like my truck I was ocd with the "terarium".I started out with a tank about your size,and then ended up with a 100 gallon converted aquarium.I used aquarium sealant and some plexiglass to make it half water/half land.My whole tank had real soil,real plants with earth worms in the soil.It also had the UV lighting to simulate the sun and small fish in the water the WD's would dive down and eat...very cool!.I could go on and on about these guys and the tank,but I'll just tell you a couple important things...1)Make sure you "shake and bake" the crickets with a good vitamin powder twice a week(with calcium)2)Keep the water very clean,they shit in the same water they drink from 90% of the time3)They will spend all day trying to get out of the tank,and usually rubbing thier noses along the bottom of the glass,leading to infection....You can help this by putting 3"high tape along the bottom of the tank. :pop: If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask

Brian