New Pet

I owned 2 Water Dragons for about a two and a half years,and just like my truck I was ocd with the "terarium".I started out with a tank about your size,and then ended up with a 100 gallon converted aquarium.I used aquarium sealant and some plexiglass to make it half water/half land.My whole tank had real soil,real plants with earth worms in the soil.It also had the UV lighting to simulate the sun and small fish in the water the WD's would dive down and eat...very cool!.I could go on and on about these guys and the tank,but I'll just tell you a couple important things...1)Make sure you "shake and bake" the crickets with a good vitamin powder twice a week(with calcium)2)Keep the water very clean,they shit in the same water they drink from 90% of the time3)They will spend all day trying to get out of the tank,and usually rubbing thier noses along the bottom of the glass,leading to infection....You can help this by putting 3"high tape along the bottom of the tank. :pop: If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask

Brian

For those of you who have asked about a name I have been kinda thinking about Dragster since it's a Dragon.

Thanks for the advice I have noticed him start rubbing his nose on the glass. At first I thought he was just moving his head around but then noticed that he was rubbing his nose on the glass so I will have to fix this tonight. I have been using the calcium powder and doing everything else mentioned because I did research the care for him right after I got him. Now I guess it's time to start gathering materials to build a larger tank.

http://www.harrisinwonderland.com/products/index.shtml

Scroll down to Habba Mist Misting Machine, its about 70% down the page. You can set it for 1, 3, 6, or 12 hour intervals for a duration of 15, 30, 45, or 60 seconds at a time.

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

Scroll down to Habba Mist Misting Machine, its about 70% down the page. You can set it for 1, 3, 6, or 12 hour intervals for a duration of 15, 30, 45, or 60 seconds at a time.

thats what im going to go with too. i need to keep my chameleons humidity pretty high. btw i just received him and he is tiny ill pos tpics later.

Cool thank you very much!!! :thumbs:

BTW what do you do to keep the humidity up around 70% or so? I find I am constantly misting the inside of the tank and it's working but I am thinking there must be a better way!

You could get some reptile bark,and some moss..when you mist the tank also mist the bark and the moss,it looks realy good and holds the extra moisture to help out with humidity,and very cost effective,also converting over to half water helps the humidity alot.

You could get some reptile bark,and some moss..when you mist the tank also mist the bark and the moss,it looks realy good and holds the extra moisture to help out with humidity,and very cost effective,also converting over to half water helps the humidity alot.

I already have moss and they said he is too young for bark because he could possibly eat it while trying to eat his food.

Speaking of food I now know he can see color! I tried to give him a feeder gold fish and he wouldn't go near it even while it was flopping around. I had one that was brown and figured I might beable to trick him since the color was close to that of the crickets and he went for it and bit it twice but didn't seem to like it because he dropped it and kept licking then he proceeded to go eat two crickets :confused: