quit smoking/dipping/drinking updates

desertss

worm dirt ... we've heard of it in MT ;)

:crackup::crackup:

I am going on 11 weeks now with no Dip ... The Wife is at 9 weeks with no Smokes.

BTW .. She bought a Ponitac Solstice with the money she is saving. I told her to get some Vanity Plates "NOCIGS" ... and it is avalible at the Mass. RMV.

Congrats to all of you for sticking with it. :cheers: I keep trying to give up the smokes but I keep backsliding. Down to around 1/2 a pack a day now. Big cut from the usual 2 packs a day.

:crackup::crackup:

I am going on 11 weeks now with no Dip ... The Wife is at 9 weeks with no Smokes.

BTW .. She bought a Ponitac Solstice with the money she is saving. I told her to get some Vanity Plates "NOCIGS" ... and it is avalible at the Mass. RMV.

Damn Shaun, your wife must have smoked alot to save enough to buy a car in only 9 weeks. :crackup:

Been slowly quiting smoking for about a month now. I haven't had a cig in a few days. I just don't enjoy it really anymore. I do still chew but a can will last me a week because I can't chew at work. Been chewing since I was 13. Farm boy :shakehead:

Damn Shaun, your wife must have smoked alot to save enough to buy a car in only 9 weeks. :crackup:
If they're as expensive as they are here, some places $5 a pack, it wouldn't take long. I quit smoking 5 years ago, and haven't looked back.

If they're as expensive as they are here, some places $5 a pack, it wouldn't take long. I quit smoking 5 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Hmmm .... Lets see

Mass. a pack of smokes is about $6.00

Two packs a day = $12.00

Seven days a week = $84.00

Fifty-two weeks in a year = $4368.00 (give or take) or $364.00 a month

Loan payment = Less than $320.00 a month!!!!! And still have some left for gas!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Shit, I use to spend a minimum 100$ a week on booze. I did that for atleast 4 years.

1 Week= $100

1 Month= $400

1 Year=$4,800

4 years=$19,200

i have been drink and smoke free for a year now.......it makes me want to puke when you add that up, i spent roughly 200 a weekend on booze going to the bars.......having a kid changes your life :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

hope everyone is continuing!

Yesterday I officially quit eating fast food/soda/heavy fatty food etc. I only drink on a rare occasion and smoke hookah once every few months. Now its only water, tea, fruits, veggies and fish etc. Nothing fried and everything as fresh as can be. I have packed on weight and its starting to show. Now to get back into mixed martial arts :thumbs: