Project Squirt

Damn boats are a pain in the ass.....but damn they're worth it.....made some progress today....got the newly rebuilt pump w/ an AA impeller installed put in on Saturday morning....well we put the 455 in today...what a chore..but its in..its fastened and ready for some last button ups....wiring..exhaust...etc....anyway..enough rambling....pics ahead....

100_1184.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1186.jpg

100_1191.jpg

The pump..without the nozzle and the diverter....

100_1189.jpg

100_1190.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1188.jpg

Thanks for lookin.....

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

not to shabby.. I also have a jet boat :thumbs: I do have to ask though, why did you select an olds motor?? Not trying to bust but typically a Chevy 454 runs the best in Jet boats.. My bud has a 455 olds motor in a Taylor SS thats not to bad. Looks good though so far :cheers: Get a Berkley Place diverter for some killer rooster tails :thumbs:

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)

Went with Olds b/c the carlsons had 2 motors to choose frm..the Olds or a Ford 460....the boat orginially had an Olds so we went with that...its not a stock Olds...its been punched to a 461...and all of the typical oiling issues have been taken care of..between 500 and 550 crank hp...and we have a Berkley diverter, it just wasnt on the jet for the pics.....wiring is done...carpet is in...gonna throw the seats in soon and it'll be ready for the water.....

Went with Olds b/c the carlsons had 2 motors to choose frm..the Olds or a Ford 460....the boat orginially had an Olds so we went with that...its not a stock Olds...its been punched to a 461...and all of the typical oiling issues have been taken care of..between 500 and 550 crank hp...and we have a Berkley diverter, it just wasnt on the jet for the pics.....wiring is done...carpet is in...gonna throw the seats in soon and it'll be ready for the water.....

Sweet.. Out of those 2 choices i would have gone with the OLDS as well. Looks awsome so far.. keep us posted with some pics as you get it further along. To bad your not closer. We could hook up :thumbs:

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)