SSS at Dusk

WOW Thank You everybody. Seriously I wasn't really fishing for compliments, I just wanted to prove to PimpSS that I do actually work to keep my truck clean! :lol: Q&A:

IH82W8 "...Great color, too by the way. :D " Honey once you go black, you never go back. :jester:

brobradh77 "...never seen it clean before :jester: ...": Oh F--k You. :jester:

pimp ss "...looks way better since we tinted the windows...": dude thank you so much for arranging that for me, I really love it, no more driving a fishbowl! I've made up my mind, I want to fill the rock chips in my windshield and put either 70 or 60 on the front. :cool:

BlackSS04 "...did you post on how you blacked out your headlights...": No I read Sick Boy's; but I'm thinking of doing another similar how-to because I have an idea how to clear the amber lenses that I want to try sometime (not just remove them), I've already got an extra set of lights but when I get the rest of the materials I'll take pics and share the process.

BlackSS04 "did the cops around you ever give you shit about your tinted tails?": Never; BUT I went to a very big effort to mask the lenses so the final product is almost as bright as stock taillights yet still appears blacked-out. I masked-off the 'lit' areas so the tinting is not as heavy there as the rest of the lens and yet still did not leave a visible masking-tape line. The lights are bright in the daytime, and unless I am side-by-side at night with another Silverado you can't tell the bulbs are any darker than stock. The only problem is that I put on so many coats of VHT Nightshades that the surface is orange peeled, and I need to take a couple weekends and smooth that out with clearcoating and sanding. :sick: As far as the law is concerned if you have clearly visible brake lighting at 500-ft then you're generally ok; one thing I could legitimately get busted for though is that the spray tint did cover the red reflectors, and by law vehicles must have rear red reflectors. But as long as your bulbs aren't burned out you'll never have a roadside chat about it.

The SSI Wing: yes this is the SS Intimidator wing. I bought it used from a forum member in south Texas and installed it myself on the truck (BManSS made me do it!). I have *never* done anything like that before and it took 3-4 hours to git-er-dun. The tailgate was easy, the corners were a PITA because you have to drill holes in the bed to mount them and you must drill in the correct locations and well I didn't; I eyeballed it the best I could but had to redrill a couple times on one side, but afterwards used a piece of folded paper as a template to transfer the location to the other bed corner and that went better. If you are going to ever attemp this go to the dealer and order the decal template for the truck, it will accurately locate the holes the first time. The SSI wing is only available from GM, the dealer price is $900+ but with some connections you can get it for $650; the ones off wrecked SSI trucks are almost as expensive as dealer cost so I say if you have your heart set on one just work your connections and get it at dealer cost. And as the last word on the spoiler, yes it DOES function, the ass-end stays securely planted above 110.

kweber "...the tinted tails and corners. i plan on doin that .. once college is out...": yeah man I so totally agree, it's the small things that make the biggest differences. And they don't cost all that much to do, it just takes about $50 and couple weekends of time.

BILLS04SS "...how did you get your Corsa so close to the body": before tightening that final clamp I pushed the tips inward to tuck more under the bed, then twisted the tips so there is a finger-width between the exhaust and the body - then cinched down the clamp. A lot of guys install the tips so they are parallel to the ground rather than parallel to the body, and the result is a big gap between the back tube and the body.

Exterior stuff I want to do next - fill the bed stake pockets, repaint front clip (damn bugs & rocks), shave tailgate handle, paint a pin-up girl on the right-lower corner of the tailgate (a little 50's retro), aftermarket hood w/ custom rally striping, custom front grille, new bedrug (mine's looking ragged)... someday.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Mr.P.... i have to admit... nice truck.

However, when i first looked @ the truck... and i saw the license plate... i thought it said SSPEON (ss pee on) :crackup:

... i was like :wtf:

but i looked on the back and saw that it said SSPEDN (ss speedin) :thumbs:

lol... :jester:

BILLS04SS "...how did you get your Corsa so close to the body": before tightening that final clamp I pushed the tips inward to tuck more under the bed, then twisted the tips so there is a finger-width between the exhaust and the body - then cinched down the clamp. A lot of guys install the tips so they are parallel to the ground rather than parallel to the body, and the result is a big gap between the back tube and the body.

I did the same to mine when I installed it. I remember, saying to myself "why in the world would anyone want these parallel to the ground?"

SS looks good P. :driving::thumbs:

Look PimpSS - it's CLEAN! :lol: I took a moment to visit Lake Grapevine which is a major DFW-area mosquito reserve; the sun had already gone down and this is probably the cleanest the truck's going to be for the next umpteen weeks so I got a couple quick snaps. Things I'm proud of - the blacked-out headlights & taillights. :cool:

sss_lf_2.jpg

sss_rr_2.jpg

i seen it clean before??? oh that was mine :devil::jester: