Disagreement with new site post editing policy

misterp

Question

MervZ I am not at all happy with both your decision to implement a post editing policy as well as your decision to try and slip it by unnoticed. I mean really, this is admittedly an open criticism but did you really think nobody would notice? I suggest in hindsight that you should have just published the change in policy.

I appeal to you to reconsider your post editing policy; at a minimum the How-To section. This policy impacts me greatly as I often have to go back and update my posts for technical reasons, many times I have to clarify my directions, procedures, facts, results, updates, etc.

Please reply with your final decision on this matter, what I will do from here depends on your answer.

Respectfully,

Steve Poythress.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You've spoken, we've listened.

As of right now, the editing restriction is only in effect for the "members" group.

Senior Members and all Supporting Members are again able to edit their posts with no restrictions.

I hope this is a good compromise for everyone. In return, I need to ask a favor from all of you.

Please do not be afraid to use the "Report This Post" button when you see an objectionable comment from someone. We look at every single reported post, often within minutes of them being submitted.

That ok for everyone?

I think thats very fair Mervs. Thanks for listening.. :thumbs:

Is everyone happy regarding whats been done with this?

I'm satisfied... I only use the edit feature to fix spelling and grammar mistakes that I miss before I hit the post button, but I can imagine that this policy would work out well for me if I start doing How-To's....