new times with truck

shadowsniper3006

Your incremental times are nearly the same as mine however, your mph is much higher. I think you need to go to a PI 9.5 3200 stall like me. My best 60' with my set-up is 1.88. The other stuff everyone else mentioned would be great as well. Good Luck!

I'm going back to the track this friday with my new rims and tires to see if things get better. I dropped about 35 lbs per wheel and reduced the tire diameter 3 inches. Maybe i can get a tenth or 2.

Brad

glad you finally got your wheels straightened out. should see at least a tenth just by dropping 140 pounds and gaining some gear in the process should only add to that. good luck!

I have had similar problems. Mine slowed down with a cam swap and tune over the stock tune and stock cam. I overcammed my converter. It pulls like crazy above 3500. You talk about crying, spend $1300 and don't get any faster. Anyway, I am waiting on my Yank Pro Truck 3200 to get here. That should do it.

Best times with all mods except cam and running on stock tune:

60 ft. 1.98

1/8th 9.07

1/4 14.56

Best times with new cam and custom tune:

60 ft. 2.13

1/8th 9.08

1/4 14.25

Now I have picked up 2 mph in the 1/8th and almost 4 in the 1/4 so I know it comes alive on the other end of the run. I just need to get it out of the hole better. I am running no TM out of the hole and just a little during shifts. I'll post new numbers when the Yank goes in, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

CNE

make sure to keep us posted on the yank converter!!! i'm very interested to see what she 60 foots at.

I just got back from the track with the new rims and tires on. The tires are 245 45 20 with the centerline rims that took me forever to get. I only made 3 passes because it was so busy but at least i saw some improvement. We had temps around 52-55 and a mean headwind. truck ran 13.88,13.81 and 13.766. My MPH was down about 1 at the end but that could be the wind. My best 60 foot was 1.982. While i was down there i met another blue ss running around the 14.7 range. he had a 2400 converter, sounded like a trail blazer converter, and was pulling 1.9 60 foots. I talked to another guy with a super charged silverado, who funny enough knows Frank and zippy did his trans, and he was pulling 1.8 60 foot times but running a best of 14.22. It seems that my converter is a HUGE problem, the ss running high 14's was out 60 footing me.

Brad

CNE

make sure to keep us posted on the yank converter!!! i'm very interested to see what she 60 foots at.

I just got back from the track with the new rims and tires on. The tires are 245 45 20 with the centerline rims that took me forever to get. I only made 3 passes because it was so busy but at least i saw some improvement. We had temps around 52-55 and a mean headwind. truck ran 13.88,13.81 and 13.766. My MPH was down about 1 at the end but that could be the wind. My best 60 foot was 1.982. While i was down there i met another blue ss running around the 14.7 range. he had a 2400 converter, sounded like a trail blazer converter, and was pulling 1.9 60 foots. I talked to another guy with a super charged silverado, who funny enough knows Frank and zippy did his trans, and he was pulling 1.8 60 foot times but running a best of 14.22. It seems that my converter is a HUGE problem, the ss running high 14's was out 60 footing me.

Brad

you need a looser converter. but congrats on the improvement.