Anyone had this happen?

I was on my way to my Uncles house from Rancho Cuamonga to Thousand Oaks and I had to get off the 210 freeway at foothill going west I jumped on it when I realized I was in the wrong lane getting off the freeway. I am assuming this is when the A/C belt decided t fly off. I had to get gas and got back on the freeway I then noticed the A/C didn't work it wasn't hot enough to need the A/C so I didn't really notice it didn't work. This drive is easily an 1 1/2 hour drive. we sat in traffic on the way back and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get back and I had no A/C the entire way back and it was the worst drive I had made in a long time. I got home and opened the hood hoping to see the belt missing, but I found the A/C belt just laying there not on the pullies. I reinstalled the belt and the A/C worked fine.

Yup it happend to me, however, the belt decided to dissintegrate and wrap itself around the crank pulley. Of course it also messed up the front main seal, and caused all of my oil to spew out from there. This happend about two year ago now. The only reason why I noticed was because off all of the smoke coming from the oil hitting the exhaust cross over pipe. I wasn't running with the A/C at the time

mine did the same, on a hot ass ride too. it was just hanging there so I put it back and told my wife..."see my truck is nice..." after we rode a good 1/2 hour. What I did not pay attention to is if when I turned it on is when it jumped???

mine did the same, on a hot ass ride too. it was just hanging there so I put it back and told my wife..."see my truck is nice..." after we rode a good 1/2 hour. What I did not pay attention to is if when I turned it on is when it jumped???

i wonder if taking it off would free up some ponies?