favorite detailing brands

I want to know what everyone use to keep there rides nice and shiny, Me personal.ly, I use Mothers wheel polish, meguirs (sp) cleaner wax, Meguirs gold class wax. Stoner window cleaner, Meguirs leather wipes and meguirs dash and panel cleaner. What else does evyone else use, I use to use armoral but I like meguirs leather wipes alot better

I love meguirs shit and mothers that is all I use . If something new comes out ,I will try it out on the work truck. :crackup: I do not care about that truck BUT If I like the brand I may use it on the SS

anyone try the dupont wax with teflon

I like that it is good , but I would like to try ICE or something like that

I have to clean the work truck so.........

I use Meguires detail spray every week when I wash the truck. This weekend when I waxed I switched from Meguires to Eagle 1 Nano paste wax, its pretty good stuff. When I run out of this I want to try Mothers. I have to keep the paint drippin' :D

mothers has a wax now, i clay bar the my vehicles once a month and wax them once a month i use the clay bar, the cleaner wax then apply the gold class wax man does it shine but it better, I had the whole thing repainted a couple years ago, still looks as good as when i went to pick her up from the shop, the clay bar accually i didnt think was gonna do shit, but i was supised

I really like Malco Products, which is usually sold to most dealerships in our area and all the detail shops.

Malco

• Red Thunder (mix 50/50 with water, degrease engine, clean door jams, wheel wells and also used as carpet cleaner
  • Blue Blazes (tire coat)
  • Bumper Bright (heavy silicone for bumper plastic and rubber)
  • Buff Lite II (light buffing compound for fine scratches and oxidation)

But recently I have also started using Zaino Brothers, which is awesome, to say the least. I purchased a kit, which contained several wax and cleaner steps, along with claybar.

Stoner Invisible Glass (windows)

Mothers Chrome Polish (wheels)

Blue Magic Metal Polish (exhaust)

Mothers California Gold Car Wash

Turtle Wax Clear Vue Window Cleaner (wheels)

Simple Green (engine compartment, wheel wells)

Meguiars Gold Class Protectant Wipes (dash, trim)

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Wipes

Spray 9 Total Look Protectant (tires, tonneau cover)

Meguiars Quik Detailer

3M Imperial Hand Glaze

3M Show Car Liquid Wax

:driving::chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Zaino Brothers, which is awesome, to say the least. I purchased a kit, which contained several wax and cleaner steps, along with claybar.

:withstupid: Zaino Brothers is fantastic

Yep being a Vette owner Zaino is the sh!t.

on the subject, i have the mquires clay and i cant seem to get off any of the hard water stains from drying in the sun... wat should i do? its about time for a buff and a nice coat of wax, id just like to get rid of it

on the subject, i have the mquires clay and i cant seem to get off any of the hard water stains from drying in the sun... wat should i do? its about time for a buff and a nice coat of wax, id just like to get rid of it

Wet sand and polish is the way to go with that. BTDT.

I will be using Zaino this summer.

Although I just bought some Simoniz instant detailer/spray polish for the time being. This stuff is awesome. I highly recommend this product.

http://www.simoniz.com/

But in all honesty, regardless of the cleaning products you are using (there are many good ones) ;it all comes down to the washing/drying process that makes a difference in how well your paint will hold up. Throw away your sponge and bath towels. Get your self a 100% sheep wool mitt and some good quality micro fiber towels. If you use these supplies properly, you will get minimal scratches ecspecially on black paint.

Also.... on chrome wheels, windex works wonders.

i use turtle was platinum in the green bottle. its real good. the detailing spray is cool too. ICE sucks. its cool to use. but doesnt last long at ALL. i gave that to wifeys uncle once i started using the platinum stuff.