favorite detailing brands

I detailed cars for 5 years and Zaino is by far the best consumer product on the market. I've used just about everything out there minus a few of the newer products...if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me, I'm not claiming to be an expert but I do have some pretty vast experience doing it with just about every car you can think of.

Quick tip - make sure you're using a good brand of wash and a good mit thats clean - I keep everything in seperate zip locks.... make sure the wash youre using isnt too harsh bc if not you'll just be washing away the last wax job you put on your truck each time...

I like zaino, DER, I have not used the meguiars pro series or the 3m finesse it however I have only heard amazing things from them.

I think what people should follow are the basics and the finer deatails in detailing (pun intended :) ) Check out autopia.org and detailcity.com (or org?)

I just recently switched to Zaino. It's awesome stuff. I was a dedicated Meguire's user for years, which I still think they have a good product, but Zaino is my new favorite. Definitely the easiest to use.

post-6112-1178807425_thumb.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeek, ill think ill let a pro do that... watd is a reasonable price for that to be done?? on just the hood and around the top of the bed

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Salts and minerals that accumulate on the surface of the paint are easily re-dissolved in vineagar - wash the panel with soap & water, rinse, and wipe-down with white vineagar for 60-90 secs at a time. Vineagar is as acidic as Dawn is alkaline; don't try to scrub the spots, just keep the vinegar wet so it can do it's job and redissolve the calcium etc so it will rinse away. After this chemical treatment what likely remains isn't minerals but the etching damage it did, and the best thing to remove this 3M Perfect-It (NAPA $16) with a Porter Cable D/A polisher & a medium foam pad.

My detailing shelf products:

Bugs & Tar - SeaFoam bug & Tar is THE BEST I have used by a mile, expensive & worth it, a little goes a long ways

Thorough cleaning - original Dawn diswashing detergent

Regular wash - Zaino or Zymol car wash soap preferred, Maguires second...

Plastic/Vinyl - Mother's Back To Black

Wheel wells - good old glass cleaner! works awesome (thanks PimpSS)

Wheels - 'touchless' brake dust cleaner then rinse, follow with compressed air dry and detail with glass cleaner

Windows - scrub with body claybar, finish with Stoner's cleaner & newsprint

Plastic (headlights) - 3M polishing compound for plastics

Real sheepskin washmit

2 buckets, one for soap & one for rinse - eliminates possibility of deep scratches

microfiber towels, lately Walmart & Sams have acceptable ones

Zaino sealants

3m Perfect-It polishes & hand glaze w/ Porter Cable D/A

Leather - Zaino leather cleaner & conditioner (lotion)

Dash - swiffer duster

Stainless exhaust tips - NevrDull (don't use on anything else, too abrasive)

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• 5 years later...