NASCAR FANS...Dale Jr leaving DEI at end of season!

mr breze

i dont think he deserved controlling interest in dei. dale sr left the business to teresa not jr.

he should honor his fathers wishes and shut the hell up and drive. just my .02

The reason Sr. didn't leave it to JR, was he was too young and inexperienced. Now, he's got some miles on him (no pun intended), and between he and his sister, can figure out how to make a living by racing. Bottom line is he needed something more from a race team, and she wasn't willing to spend the money, or give him what HE felt he needed. That's why he left.

Yeah that's what happens when someone comes to believe the world owes them a living.

But I'll tell you what's f'd up: I took a $35K/yr pay cut to work here with my father, and subsequently filed a modification of child support as my income was now far less than what I was making while I was married... the F'd up part was being told by a California district court judge "well Mr. Poythress you have certainly demonstrated you are more than capable of maintaining a six figure salary even though you have chosen not to do so; I see no reason to modify your child support, case dismissed." Now think about that, you ever want to know why I'm always pissed-off imagine how you would like it being court ordered to make at least $100-grand a year to afford CA child support or else go to jail for not being able to pay... I am not a very free man. I could totally see how Dale Jr. might be tired of being everyone else's meal ticket.

Mr. P.

I would have appealed that decision, if I were you, P. There's no reason at all that just because some inconsiderate judge thinks you're worthy of 6 figures and decides you shouldn't reduce your support due to your stated decrease in income, that you should continue to pay the 6-fig. amount. That's :icon_bs: IMO ... :banghead:

But .. back to topic ... I think Jr. made the right call. Sr. didn't intend to leave the legacy to his ex ... greedy bit*h. Not Jr's fault she can't run the family company. Jr's a racer and a businessman ... I don't blame him one bit for wanting to own 51% of the organization that he continues to provide the main income stream for ...

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

UPDATE.... according to Jayski.com there will be an announcement today at Darlington by RCR saying that JR is going there.

They were working a deal into last night to sign him to drive the 3 or 33, we'll see what happeans. By the way if most of you didn't know

Teresa Earnhardt is primarily responsible for all the trademarked driver stuff in Nascar. She got Sr to do it, and most others followed suit.

The design of team #'s, sigs, the "Intimidator" name, images, audio, collectibles, anything associated with Sr or DEI she suggested he do

and he did and made millions from it. I agree she is stubborn, but she has made a huge impact in the way drivers are marketed to the

public and how drivers make money off of soveiners. Basically he made the $ driving, and she orchestrated the investments that made him

multiple times that amount in soveiner income and its still paying off. CNN just said that Jr is # 19 on forbes highest paid atheletes list with over 20

million a year, DEI could lose up to half of its 57 million dollar value when he leaves, and Bud only puts more money into the Superbowl than it does JR.

As long as JR drives I dont care if its for Toyota. just not Dodge

:withstupid: Dale Sr. and Jr. both built their careers with :chevy: so it only seems fit that he should drive a :chevy: It is not set where he will go yet anyway..........you can bet that Hendrick Motorsports and Richard Childress Racing will be big factors in the decision Jr. makes. And as far as Theresa Earnhardt goes, she should be bending over backwards to keep Jr. there, but she is just obviously just a greedy dumb b*tch........

Dale Jr. is the future of that organization, and him parting ways is what I don't believe Dale Sr. would have wanted.