Auto climate control question

loneranger

A/C is often a misinterpreted phrase. Air conditioning doesn't mean cold air, it means air conditioning ;) . The A/C removes moisture from the air, hence why it automatically comes on to defrost the windows (So it don't fog them up) :thumbs:

I understand what everyone's saying, but I just don't see why the A/C compressor has to be on when I use recirc. Better to have as few accessory running as possible. Now if I want to defrost, then it's OK. It's no biggie really, I just don't get the logic behind this. :rolleyes:

Two quick things; hold down the auto button and the drivers side temp knob will adjust the passenger as well until you deactivate this feature by using the passenger knob - I am guessing the way you stated you turn both dials to 75 you did not know this. Second, the a/c takes the moisture out of the air, 60 outside with possible low humidity and you are recircing the air inside at 75 with you sweating and breathing moisture into the cabin, sooner than you think the windows will start to fog, using outside air with lower humidity would combat this or by default when using recirculated air having the a/c running. My wife used to complain about her last car because she could recirculate warm air with no a/c (she though it would make cold air) and it would fog up the windows, she now has a Suburban with the same auto temp and no longer has the problem. Just my two cents.

Archived