Auto climate control question

loneranger

Hi,

My truck has the automatic climate control, don't know if that matters any when compared to the manual system. Can you guys do me a favor and report back if it works. The weather here in CA is about 60 F right now. I turn the temp knobs (both driver and passenger) up to 75, and warm air comes out of the vents as expected. Now I'd like to use the "recirculation" mode, when the car in front is spewing exhaust or when driving by some cow pastures and I'm not in the mood to breathe in all that "organic" frangrance . As soon as I press the "recirc" button, the climate control system immediately goes into A/C mode (with the snowflake symbol) appearing. I don't want cold A/C air, dammit. Why can't the system allow heated air with recirculation? I'd appreciate it if some of you can try this for me: 75 temp, recirculate mode

Thanks! :cheers:

That's interesting. I'll have to try that. I have ever only wanted to use the recirc during times when I have the A/C on, though. Never tried it with the heat on. If it were only as cold as you said, I would have just turned the dials over to 80-90* and have the air off. Plenty of warm air comes in from that for me. Colder temps, a diff story.

As soon as I press the "recirc" button, the climate control system immediately goes into A/C mode (with the snowflake symbol) appearing.

I think the snowflake that appears is actually a snowflake with a line through it incdicating that the A/C compressor is off. When A/C is on - no snowflake.

;)

The snowflake button is to turn off the A/C and just take in outside air. The snowflake that appears on the display is actually one with a diagnal line going through it and it's the only time I have ever seen it displayed. This only applies to a auto system. Didn't even catch the mention of the snowflake above. Will still have to try it out.

As soon as I press the "recirc" button, the climate control system immediately goes into A/C mode (with the snowflake symbol) appearing.

I think the snowflake that appears is actually a snowflake with a line through it incdicating that the A/C compressor is off. When A/C is on - no snowflake.

;)

Hi,

I was not clear my with post, sorry. I do understand that the snowflake only appears with a diagonal line, meaning A/C is off. If A/C was on, there would be no snowflake. With that said, the problem with my truck is that if the temp was set at 75, and I hit "recirc", the snowflake (with diag line) flashes, meaning it's not allowed. Hmmmm.

Thanks!

you can run warm air with the ac on.

Thanks zippy,

That's my conclusion. I was wrong all along to assume that A/C means ONLY cold air, but apparently air conditioning can be either cold or warm. To conclude: I can use recirculated air for heating, as long as A/C is on. If I don't want to use A/C to heat up the air, then it has to be outside air. This screwed up logic extends to the Vette as well, must be a GM invention. All other cars that I've driven allows full control.

Haven't tried this but I think if the SS is like other GM vehicles, when any HVAC mode is selected that includes "Defrost" (windshield air) the AC must be on. Try changing to just the vent mode.

:withstupid: Defrost vents require A/C to be on... Recirc is not allowed with floor vents only, floor + defrost, or defrost vents only...

I have another question ? I have a friend with an S.S. w/o auto climate control . It seems like when I ride in his truck with everything turned off its much colder than mine when everything is off . I have auto climate .. Has anyone else noticed this about there auto climate . Even when its really cold I only need it on for a little while , then it stays warm inside for a long time .

I have another question ? I have a friend with an S.S. w/o auto climate control . It seems like when I ride in his truck with everything turned off its much colder than mine when everything is off . I have auto climate .. Has anyone else noticed this about there auto climate . Even when its really cold I only need it on for a little while , then it stays warm inside for a long time .

Depends on what the temp is set to when it's off. Even when it's off, rotate the temp knob, you can still adjust the incoming temp. I noticed this a month or so ago. Burning hot in the cabin, because it was at 85, adjusted in down to 70, perfect.

Loneranger do you have any pics. of your truck with the S.S. Wheels on it ? I have been wondering about that since I sold them to you . Hows life down in S.Cali. :confused:

Hey Viperkiller,

Funny thing you asked. I only had those rims for about 2 weeks, another guy wanted to buy them off me, at a price I couldn't refuse. :D What have you done to the Z28 that makes it a Viper killer? I had a 97 as well, what a sweet machine that was.

Take care,

Archived