Long Tube Headers or Shorties

BSER

I've seen several threads that talk about headers but i'm trying to decide on JBA shorties or ASM Long tubes. What are the advantages and diadvatages of each?

I've decided on the corsa exhaust but still on the fence about the headers :sigh:

Yea i Know the install can be a pain; the question is, is the pain worth it.

I would rather do it right the first time. I have the Radix installed so i'm not sure if the long tubes are going to help quite as much as with a stock set up. :confused:

BSER that depends on you ! You have to ask yourself if its worth a tenth off your quarter mile . IMHO run ASM's if your state doesnt require smog tests and you plan on taking it to the track quite often . If not J.B.A. 's are on mine and they fit like a glove . Install time was 55 minutes on a rack with 3 of us .. :thumbs: If you do buy JBA's get the ceramic coated set ;)

Yes i Know the JBA's fit well I have them on my 96 Show truck and the ceramic is definately the wayy to go, mine have beeen on for years and still look good.

what i want to know is about the welding....do you have to cut back the existing pipe and the weld on a new connector and do the headers come with this connector?

I've heard of others having fitment problems I'm betting that it mostly a measument issue. Cut that pipe a 1/4 in to short and :puke:

BSER - not true about the tightness of the cut. I installed my ASM headers in my driveway, cut my own pipes and by no means cut very straight. On the pass. side I was a little worried I cut too much off, but it worked out fine. The directions have you cut the stock pipe 1/4" in front of the cat, and then weld on a plate or flange that will allow you to bolt it up to the headers. I then drove my truck to the exhaust shop and had them do the welding. If you wanted to do yourself, it would not be any problem trust me.

Took a little longer than I wanted it to. It took me close to 5 hours. Getting those things in there is the hardest part. It's a tight fit. Before you do, ask those that have them which way they went (from top or bottom) for each side.

Archived