silverado05ss

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007.

>

> Don't pump gas on May 15th ..in April 1997, there was a "gas out"

>conducted nationwide inprotest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped

>30 cents a gallon overnight.

>

>On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in

>protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

>

>There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet

>network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

>

>If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take

>$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companys

>pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station onMay

>15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for

>at least one day.

>

>If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) resend this to all your

>contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

Myth. Doesnt work anyways. Always good to be wishful thinking though. What you dont realize is that what you dont consume today, you will have to consume tomorrow. Your commute to work didnt change, unless you took the day off, so if you dont have to fill up today, you will tomorrow, or next week, or whenever your car goes to E. Consumption needs wont change, which means demand wont change, which means price wont change. Delivery vehicles will need to make deliveries, needing gas, the pizza boy will need to fill up to bring you your pizza, etc. People will have no choice but to drive to work or get fired. Search snopes.com and you will be broken hearted to learn it is a false phalacy.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

sorry gents and ladies but it makes no difference to the oil companies in the longrun if you do a gas out or not. unless you are going to start manufacturing your own fuel starting tomorrow and never return to the pumps then how is this going to affect prices when you will have to fill up tomorrow or the next day or the next week?

The only true solution is that today you took public transportation...

and then tomorrow and so on . Drive you car sparingly, use a bike. etc.

However Americans do not respond to gas with the simple economic graph of supply/demand. Even though gas prices are starting to soar again there has been a 33% increase in driving.

Which leads us to a cap on profit margins. I am not a 100% follower of free market. Big Oil has come under fire many many time in the past (post 1945), in the past few years however there has been no hawking from the governments.

there has been no hawking from the governments.

there has been no reason for the government to cap anything off, simply because they make more money with higher prices. (more you spend the more they take). they wouldn't force the the oil company to increade the price easier as not to blame it on them. in the atlantic provinces i know that the companies arn't allowed to change the price of gas more than 3 times a week or something like that. i think everyone should do that. i know that this gas strike won't do anything, but the oil companies might realize what money they COULD lose IF everyone didn't use as much oil as they do now. i am all for the idea of convincing the oil companies to reduce prices. either way i am still going to own a silverado. thats just my $0.02.

Sweet gas strike! Gas prices went up .10 today....Now I dont feel bad for filling up yesterday :rollin:

thats cause all the gas companies new if people didn't feel up yesterday they would have to fill up today so they raised it just in time :lol: